Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Colors look a bit off with my first Lensbaby photos

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Colors look a bit off with my first Lensbaby photos posted by zonakev March 31, 2014 08:23AM reply | quote
posted by zonakev
Hi. I'm new to the Lensbaby scene. I've mostly shot with Double Glass Optic in Composer. Here's a link to my photos:

[www.flickr.com]

Please check them out and give me your feedback. I think the color is off on several, with sort of blue/purple hues in them, particularly in the blurred areas. What do you think? What causes this, and how can I correct? I prefer not to get involved with a bunch of editing on the computer. Thanks.

Kevin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 08:25AM by zonakev.
Re: Colors look a bit off with my first Lensbaby photos posted by ranfoto April 01, 2014 10:47AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Kevin:

The color cast of blue/purple is most likely a white balance problem. The images were taken in the shade, which is cooler then in direct sunlight .

To correct... use a warming filter or change the white balance in your menu settings .

Sure it's a pain to correct your images in camera, but that's the price we all pay to get nice images without editing in the computer .

I have to balance my computer monitor to insure my images are what I want.....and if I'm printing them out, then I have the printer to balance .....digital is a lot easier then when I used film to record my images, but no matter how or what we use to make our photos with.....light is light,
it has to be balanced to the cameras sensor or particular type of film stock . :)
Re: Colors look a bit off with my first Lensbaby photos posted by zonakev April 01, 2014 01:22PM reply | quote
posted by zonakev
Thanks ranfoto. I appreciate your reply. If I am in the shade I'll set the white balance to "Shade". If that doesn't do the trick then I'll try making manual adjustments. Thanks again.
Re: Colors look a bit off with my first Lensbaby photos posted by ranfoto April 03, 2014 02:03PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Kevin: always glad to point a fellow Bender in a new direction....if it can help :) .

All Bending is a bit off in the first place....hee !
Re: Colors look a bit off with my first Lensbaby photos posted by beyond_Life April 24, 2014 07:00AM reply | quote
posted by beyond_Life
Zonakev, this might be pure logic but always shoot in raw so you have the most choice and options in post processing your images, like setting the correct wb.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today