Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by rusteer

rims

view post

Edge 80 Timelapse try out

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Edge 80 Timelapse try out posted by sr patife September 14, 2013 08:03PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

heres a little work in progress. shot directly into movie with Magic Lantern "FPS Override" feature. Used the Composer with the Edge 80. Few things didnt work well, a bit windy caused a few shakes, the ND filters are cheap (stay away from them, they cause terrible colour casting, better save up for a top quality/expensive 100 dollars filter like Lee Filters "Big Stopper). On some shots, even with the ND filter i had to used a f11 aperture, which decreased the miniature effect. After seeing this, getting 3/4 persons with the same set up at different angles and doing a synced multi cam timelapse on a scenario/ariport like the Edge 80 miniature must look awesome for sure! [youtu.be]

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Edge 80 Timelapse try out posted by sr patife November 08, 2013 08:57AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

well final version is done

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 08:57AM by sr patife.
Re: Edge 80 Timelapse try out posted by Outback November 09, 2013 08:02AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Excellent work Nuno. I really enjoyed this.

What camera were you using and what was your frame speed for the time lapse?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Edge 80 Timelapse try out posted by sr patife November 09, 2013 11:37AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks John for your words.

My setup was:
Canon 550D (wish i had a full frame in certain places, to take advantage of a full frame true focal length)
Composer & Composer Pro with the Edge 80 optic

I shot using Magic Lanterns, FPS OVERRIDE feature, which allows you to record directly on video. The setting was 3 fps (which is equivalent of a 1/333 shutter). I had to use ND filters, so that i could keep the miniature effect (which works better in apertures between 2.8 and 8). The ND filters i used are cheap....they arent ND at all, you can notice the pink tone in the videos due to them. need to buy a proper ND filter....but they are expensive.

With the settings i had in Magic Lanters FPS OVERRIDE, 3 fps, means that one second in movie playback (24fps) equals 8 seconds that were recorded in real time.
On post production i increased the speed of the movie by two (so a second in the final video is equal to 16 seconds that were recorded), because i had so much footage (recorded over two months) that i wanted to include them all. Still, many footage i didnt include them, i will probably will do a dedicated cruise timelapse (got tons of footage of cruises arriving and leaving the port).

I know i have said this for months, but i will do a article about Magic Lantern which works great with lensbaby. It will be ready this month for sure

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 11:49AM by sr patife.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today