43 minutes ago by oliver tudoras

Re: Pet Rock

view post

New User Critique

Newer Topic | Older Topic

New User Critique posted by AA_1973 June 06, 2013 09:59PM reply | quote
posted by AA_1973
Hi all,
Newbie to lensbaby.... got the composer with the double glass optic. Liking it a lot. Using with the EOS M + EF adapter. Still learning the ropes, so have attached 2 pics for critique.
Good or bad kindly let me know your thoughts.

Thanking you
Anand

IMG_1182 by Iceman_1973, on Flickr

IMG_1205 by Iceman_1973, on Flickr
Re: New User Critique posted by Mike Bokeh June 07, 2013 05:31AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

In the first image, I think the boy's face could be a little sharper, either by focusing more accurately or by using a smaller f stop disk. It seems his fingers are sharper than his face. Overall, it's still a good shot.

The second photo is perfect!

The subject, the stop button is very sharp, while the surroundings on the bus are blurred. I also like the darker tones you used in this black & white shot.

If these are some of your first shots, I'd say you already understand how to use a Lensbaby very well.

Well done.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.
Re: New User Critique posted by AA_1973 June 07, 2013 07:16PM reply | quote
posted by AA_1973
Thank you Mike.
I've recently been on a high with MF lenses. I enjoy using them, while also loving the challenge. I get maybe 2 out of 10-12 shots which are keepers. Lensbaby (composer) allows me to concentrate more on composition. I know I'm shooting at f4 (or whichever f stop) and teach myself to line up shots accordingly. I move with my feet if need to zoom, and get closer/farther if I need more in focus. f4 is the awy to go for me at the moment. (If I was picky then I'd prefer f3.2)
I love the smooth focus ring on this composer - the best focus ring I've come across (better than my contax & zeiss jena's)
The fisrt pic (my son) was a difficult one as he never stays still - so I had to snap at the moment.
Thank you for looking - and commenting.

Anand
Re: New User Critique posted by AA_1973 June 07, 2013 07:19PM reply | quote
posted by AA_1973
Both the pics were PP in DXO Filmpack 4 using a combination different film for tone and different for grain.

Regards
Anand
Re: New User Critique posted by Lorna Taylor July 02, 2013 01:11AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

I think they both work, strong story line as the focus is sharp enough to connect with the viewer as to where to anchor themselves in the scene.

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today