Latest Post

23 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

Still learning

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Still learning posted by RhodyDave September 10, 2012 05:55AM reply | quote
posted by RhodyDave
Well, I've got a lot to learn, I know. My focus is off, yes. I thought the flowers looked like they were almost exploding out of the vase. This is my first pic I've posted and asked for critiques. Looking forward to hearing what anyone has to say.
Dave
Re: Still learning posted by Garr8 December 16, 2012 05:02AM reply | quote
posted by Garr8

Hi Dave. First up, I like your photo, but you don't seem happy with it. So my advice would be, to try four to five shots of whatever you're photographing and hopefully at least one of those should nail any issues with focusing.
Keep clicking, Garr8
Re: Still learning posted by RhodyDave December 16, 2012 10:43PM reply | quote
posted by RhodyDave
Garr8,
Thanks for the tips. Don't get me wrong, I do like the photo but I'm trying to self critique a little too. It's all part of the learning process.

Here's another one I took that I'm pretty happy with.
Bouncy House
I think I was pretty much able to nail the focus on my daughter's face. I took a ton of pics of the kids that day and this was one of the few that actually had some focus in it. ;)
Re: Still learning posted by avmus December 22, 2012 11:08PM reply | quote
posted by avmus

Bouncy house has great focus. Nice job. I would experiment with your camera's point of view in trying to capture the "exploding" aspect of flowers. Depending on your lens if you have a wider lens the closer you get to your subject you'll get more distortion which can enhance that explosive quality. Great job! Keep experimenting.
Re: Still learning posted by Garr8 March 16, 2013 05:25AM reply | quote
posted by Garr8

You certainly nailed the focus with your 'Bouncy House' shot, Dave. Hope to see more of your results on here soon.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today