view post

pinhole feed back

Newer Topic | Older Topic

pinhole feed back posted by beowolf28 August 15, 2012 11:02PM reply | quote
posted by beowolf28
looking for opinions on my first attempt at it
Re: pinhole feed back posted by Marcum August 16, 2012 10:56AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Very expressive pinhole image, I like the eerie ghost like mood this presents. The light in the back ground has a look of a spirit. Conveys the setting of many ghost stories I have heard in the past of railroad causalities haunting the rails.

Looking forward to more of your work.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: pinhole feed back posted by Samurai Photographer August 17, 2012 07:21AM reply | quote
Great composition. The image has a very ethereal look to it.

Doug Sahlin
Author of Mastering the Lensbaby: A step-by-step guide to mastering the Lensbaby and becoming a more creative photographer.The book is available at the Amazon Kindle store. to find out more about the book or to download a sample chapter, click here: [amzn.to]
Re: pinhole feed back posted by ughridk March 02, 2013 02:30AM reply | quote
posted by ughridk
From all the Lensbaby optics, I see the pinhole as the hardest one to obtain great results. Almost everytime, I prefer to use the zone plate which gives better textures than just a blur everywhere.

So, your photo is great and pinhole has been good choice for this shot : nice blur and light. Congrats!
Re: pinhole feed back posted by Victoria Bell March 07, 2013 09:19AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

You picked a nice high contrast subject. Turned out great

My Flickr Photostream
Re: pinhole feed back posted by gauteov June 04, 2013 06:35AM reply | quote
posted by gauteov

The Pinhole is may Lensbaby pain optics. I think you have found the right place for your first attempt. (Wonder - how will a black and white-conversion look like?)

A Pinhole picture has naturally a grainy look that is part of the expression. But may be this photo is underexposed which generates noise in the shadows. Have you done any noise removal?

Keep trying!

gauteov

www.fotogaute.net

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today