Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by PBlais

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

any comments welcome - first real opp to take "portraits"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

any comments welcome - first real opp to take "portraits" posted by barbipez May 16, 2012 01:13PM reply | quote
posted by barbipez

i took some senior portrait type pics of a relative with my new lensbaby and any feedback is helpful. i think my bigger problem is editing them (mostly making sure what i see on my monitor is what will print)...it was a fun day and i have a lot of work to do.
Re: any comments welcome - first real opp to take "portraits" posted by CatGargoyle May 16, 2012 07:53PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

barbipez,

Overall I like the series, beautiful model portrayed skillfully.

The only critique I have is the one most of us are guilty of: not really looking at the background. The background is a tad busy for a portrait, taking attention away from the models face.

I really like the last one. Simple background, soft subtle tones, exposure & DOF bang on. I would prefer to see the top of her head though.

My 2ยข worth.
Cat
Re: any comments welcome - first real opp to take "portraits" posted by barbipez May 16, 2012 11:37PM reply | quote
posted by barbipez

thank you! i actually have more with less busy backgrounds. i'll post a few more tonight. and the last one i actually cropped a few times in different ways and have one with head showing (will post too!)

much appreciated!
Re: any comments welcome - first real opp to take "portraits" posted by Dana May 20, 2012 02:57AM reply | quote
posted by Dana

Barbioez,
your model is so beatiful! And you are doing a good job. You have to think about the background and the composition. There are some rules that you can use in order to have a nice portrait and clean background help to keep your forus in the subjet. The last one is really nice! The first one is good but you cut her hands. And in the second one her position is perfect but the background is to busy. I hope my comment help you.
Dana
Re: any comments welcome - first real opp to take "portraits" posted by barbipez May 20, 2012 08:10AM reply | quote
posted by barbipez

yes! very helpful!! i'll post some more tonight! trying to finish up my editing on these as she graduates this weekend :)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today