2 hours ago by noblenewf

Re: Macro

view post

My First Trial :-)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My First Trial :-) posted by jackfung March 04, 2012 11:10PM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

Hi, friends of lensbaby

It was my first day to take photo with the sweet 35. The lensebaby is my first manual lense, I found it was difficult to shot a clear sweet spot and in correct exposure. The brightness of my photo uploaded here were actually adjusted afterward. Any advice for a new lensmama? :-P

Jack from HK
Re: My First Trial :-) posted by jackfung March 04, 2012 11:15PM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

some more photo :-)

btw, the photo were taken in the Apeture prior mode and auto metering with D7000
Re: My First Trial :-) posted by registerednerd March 12, 2012 03:36PM reply | quote
posted by registerednerd
#1 and #10, I love the use of the sweet spot as a lead to the subject. #3 I like the inverse use of the sweet spot (creating the ring of focus, with the center blurred). I would have shot #5 with a faster aperture, to shrink the sweet spot to the dog's face (or moved closer to it filled the sweet spot), but that's just me.

----------------------
"I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it." -Unknown
Re: My First Trial :-) posted by Keri (Admin) March 21, 2012 02:05AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Hi Jack - welcome! It looks like you're off to a pretty good start. Practice is key with manual focus, but a few other things you can do to help - make sure your diopter is properly set for your eye sight. Also - bracket your focus. Take the same shot tweaking the focus a tiny bit a few times - odds are, one of them will be tack sharp. As far as exposure, you say you were shooting in Av - what camera are you shooting with? I find that on my Canon 40D, I usually need to over expose by about 1/3 to 1/2 a stop when shooting with a Lensbaby. Let me know if this helps!

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: My First Trial :-) posted by jackfung March 25, 2012 12:07AM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

registerednerd
Thx for the encouragement ^^
i really love playing with the blur and sweet spot.

Keri
besides bracket the focus, i also try using a smaller aperture to slightly increase the depth of field. but it also affects the size of the sweet spot, especially on a crop sensor. practice will be the key.
i'm shooting with nikon D7000. i also need to over 2/3 to shoot with lensbaby. still figuring how to make a correct exposure. Thx for your advice~

-------------------------------
we enjoy the lensbaby fun :-)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today