Latest Post

17 hours ago by rusteer

Re: side light to flare

view post

Bike series part 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Bike series part 2 posted by avmus July 20, 2011 09:55AM reply | quote
posted by avmus

So I have refined my bike series to B&W. I want the mechanics, metal, welds and craftsmanship of bikes to be the focus. Color gets in the way. So am I onto something interesting here or are they just lame close-ups? Any feedback is welcome even negative.
Re: Bike series part 2 posted by Outback July 20, 2011 12:25PM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Hi John,

While I don't particularly agree that color is a distraction (your first color bike set was very well done) I do agree that B/W was a good choice for this second set. It accentuates the mechanical aspect of the bike and causes the viewer to think in a whole different manner.

Some thoughts ...

#1 Good use of Sweet Spot but I think this shot would be better with the subject off center.

#2 Very gritty. Good composition. I like this one alot.

#3 Since the Sweet Spot is so small on this one I would like to have seen the entire pedal. For me it's like a cake without frosting; good but not quite what I hoped for.

#4 My favorite of this set. I like it. If you can shoot this again I think it would be even better if you could get the logo on the sprocket in tack sharp focus. Maybe you can run a sharpen filter in you software to see if you can bring it out...? Just a thought.

Good job and great progress. I think you are on to something interesting! Keep working on it. Nothing creative is a lame attempt. Ever. To quote a favorite Doc I know, "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!"

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Bike series part 2 posted by avmus July 20, 2011 10:51PM reply | quote
posted by avmus

Outback, thanks so much! I love it, good specific feedback. I agree with most of what you suggest. I may try again to crop 1 and 3 differently to make them more interesting. I still am working on these and a few others in the series, but I greatly appreciate your time and feedback.
Re: Bike series part 2 posted by avmus July 20, 2011 11:51PM reply | quote
posted by avmus

4 0f 5
Re: Bike series part 2 edited posted by avmus July 20, 2011 11:52PM reply | quote
posted by avmus

Feedback please, this is a follow up to Bike Series part 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today