Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Botanical Gardens and Backyard Pics

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Botanical Gardens and Backyard Pics posted by bookboy June 16, 2011 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by bookboy

I'm an amateur photographer, just starting out, and I'm on my second week with the Lensbaby Composer. I love it! I love the results, but I know I need some practice, both with Lensbaby and with photography in general. I'd love some constructive criticism on these pictures.

The first 11 were taken at our local botanical gardens (mostly inside their greenhouse), and the last 8 are the goings-on in my backyard. The turtle hibernated through the winter, and come spring it didn't come out. Usually they come out late April to mid May, so when she didn't come out we were worried. But then, a few weeks ago, there she was! Rather scared of the camera, but I got a few shots of her. A baby mantis and an ant carrying away a bee also were captured that afternoon. Like I said, any criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bookboy
Re: Botanical Gardens and Backyard Pics posted by Superthor June 16, 2011 05:21PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Sharp and clear,and the turtle portraits are awesome! Keep up the good work!

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Botanical Gardens and Backyard Pics posted by FocusPocus June 19, 2011 09:33PM reply | quote
posted by FocusPocus

Interesting shots. My favorites are the second praying mantiss (14) and the "zooming" turtle (19).
As far as critique, I would suggest changing up your compostition (most of these images have the subject dead center or slightly off-center) but, other than that, nice work :)
Re: Botanical Gardens and Backyard Pics posted by photojojo1980 June 22, 2011 01:15PM reply | quote
posted by photojojo1980

Beatuiful!!! I too am fairly new, and I just joined lensbaby tonight so I havent posted any images yet. I might not know alot about photography but I LOVE your shots of the flowers! Great work! O and the ant with the bee, awesome! Great colors, sharpness, I love macro. Did you just use the composer...or was it the composer pro? any macro attachments?
Re: Botanical Gardens and Backyard Pics posted by bookboy June 22, 2011 11:45PM reply | quote
posted by bookboy

Thank you for the kind comments, Photojojo! I'm really enjoying the Lensbaby. It's really made me expand what I know.

I used the Composer (not the pro). I did use macro attachments for many of the photos I've posted. I didn't tag the photos with a macro attachment, because I couldn't remember which one I used on what photo! Macro is very fun to shoot, I would recommend investing in those lenses, even as an amateur photographer.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today