Latest Post

7 hours ago by jffoto

Re: On the other side

view post

Petronas Towers

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Petronas Towers posted by joehavely June 04, 2011 05:09PM reply | quote
posted by joehavely
Some pics of the Twin Towers here in KL. Love to hear some tips and constructive criticism on other approaches I could take.
Cheers.
Re: Petronas Towers posted by Superthor June 04, 2011 10:23PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Wow! Stunning pictures,specially the night ones!
Maybe you could try a star filter or the creative aperture kit to get different effects.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Petronas Towers posted by Outback June 05, 2011 02:32AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Joe these are amazing photos! Better than anything I could turn out at this time that's for sure. Since you asked and this is the critique page some of my thoughts...

#1 I wouldn't change a thing. This is one of my favorites in this series. I like the stark contrast and tack sharp sweet spot.

#2 Beautiful photograph but for me, I think this one needs a bit more contrast and color saturation to bring the flowers out of the background. For lack of a better term it feels 'muddy'. Try a Cross Process or Yellow Tint overlay and see what you come up with.

#5 is a very cool use of the Macro#4. I would not have thought of doing this and is something I am going to try. Very creative.

#8 I like this one. The cant of the tower lends to the appeal. Great placement of Sweet Spot.

#15 Perfectly beautiful!

#19 My personal favorite of this sub-set. In this case, I think the use of CA in the previous couple of slides and one or two that follow, although very artistic, detracts from the main subject in the shot.

#21-23 Very subtle use of the CA in these three. These I like very much.

Very impressive series. Thank you for posting these.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Petronas Towers posted by shurla5 June 08, 2011 07:36AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

These are wonderful!!

~~SHuRLa~~
Re: Petronas Towers posted by joehavely June 09, 2011 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by joehavely
Thanks for the compliments. First time I have ever really submitted photos to a photographers' forum.

@Outback - thanks for the tips. What do you mean by a cross process? Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks!

I've put more pics on my website www.joehavely.com if you want to take a look.

JH
Re: Petronas Towers posted by photojojo1980 June 24, 2011 02:13PM reply | quote
posted by photojojo1980

WOW!!! LOVE this set of images! Great work! some looked HDR...So tack on sharp! I dont think theres anything bad I could say! OUTSTANDING!!
Re: Petronas Towers posted by Keri (Admin) June 29, 2011 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Joe, this is a great series! Each image is unique, each image looks at these very cool towers (was not familiar with them until your post) from a totally different perspective. Besides maybe a little tweak of focus here and a little more contrast here or there, I wouldn't change a thing. Looks like this was a great exercise for you to see how many different ways you can see something. Keep up the great work!

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today