Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by jffoto

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

Just got the macro kit---wow!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by John-Morgan May 17, 2011 04:01PM reply | quote
posted by John-Morgan

Today, I received the pair of macro lenses to go with my composer. My initial take is amazement at the quality of the macros produced. I've attached some pics. Shooting at +10 macro proved difficult since there was quite a bit of wind. With this optic, even the slightest breeze is like trying to shoot through a hurricane. I ended up using "foot focus"--moving my body in and out--to try to nail these. +4 was much easier. Not only is the Lensbaby blur a wonderful part of these shots, but the saturation and crispness are remarkable. Tried stacking both macro lenses, but this was a disaster with the breeze. Everything was a horrible blur.

By way of background, these were all shot at f/5.6 on an overcast day using neutral processing settings. These are basically SOOC. Unfortunately, they've all been downsized compared to original to get under 2mb/photo cap at Lensbaby.

Would love to get feedback from others though. What's good and what could be better about these shots?

Thanks!

John
Re: Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by Superthor May 17, 2011 06:42PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Nice shots.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by RichB May 18, 2011 08:12AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

John,

You are doing great with your new macro kit. Keep it up!

Rich
Re: Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by srpatife May 18, 2011 08:26AM reply | quote
posted by
good job John. my favs are number 4 and 11. i love the macro kit as well, the more you try the better the shots get. keep posting
Re: Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by mds May 19, 2011 03:13AM reply | quote
posted by mds

These all turned out lovely John! I faved several and could have faved more. :-)

Diane
Re: Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by kgay May 24, 2011 06:00AM reply | quote
posted by kgay
beautiful shots, I love them all. Great work!
Re: Just got the macro kit---wow! posted by KatsEye May 25, 2011 01:41AM reply | quote
posted by KatsEye
Beautiful macro shots, especially the daisy. I love the sharp focus on the forefront daisy with the echoing blur of the others in the background. I think you've gotten the knack of it! Flowers + lensbaby + macro = awesome shots!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today