Latest Post

41 minutes ago by LRNAV

Re: what do you think?

view post

Macros

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Macros posted by mds May 12, 2011 02:00AM reply | quote
posted by mds

I'm really experimenting on my macros and I think these have more of a dreamy effect rather than spot on. I am pretty sure these were taken with the Double Optic and +10 macro, but at this point I can't guarantee it. I need to jot down what I'm using and be more organized as I've been like a little kid in a candy shop trying out everything.

Diane
Re: Macros posted by janvanommen May 12, 2011 02:57AM reply | quote
posted by janvanommen

Hej Diane,
First of all: nice shots!!
When you take a good look at your photographs on your first 1 there is a sweet spot (sharper then the rest) on the right appel. nr2 is indeed dreamy, and nr 3 will have a sweet spot also on the right side. The more you bend the lensbaby the more difference in sharpness you will have. (see my avatar)
Have fun with your lensbaby. which one do you have?
greetings
Jan
Re: Macros posted by mds May 12, 2011 04:33AM reply | quote
posted by mds

Hi Jan,

I upgraded to the Composer Pro/Double Optic. I wanted extra money at the time to also get the Plastic Optic and the Soft Focus optic. I should be getting the Sweet 35 shortly. :-) But, I really need more practice and confidence in knowing what optic to use for what type of photography I'm going to do. Right now I'm just experimenting with the Optics. I think the Sweet 35 will be great for Table Top and Macro photos. Don't you?

Diane
Re: Macros posted by Superthor May 12, 2011 05:57AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Nice photos,wonderful "bokeh" effects.
Now,i just got to wait until i get my macro kit......
Yes,i think the 35 might be awesome for macros.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Macros posted by RichB May 12, 2011 08:32AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Diane,

All three of these are beautiful. The dreamy effect is a real plus on these, IMO. Nice. Your composition in all three is also well done.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2011 08:33AM by RichB.
Re: Macros posted by keithinmelbourne May 14, 2011 08:21AM reply | quote
posted by keithinmelbourne

Really beautiful work Dianne. I have just got the macros, but haven't had the opportunity to use them yet, but these are quite inspiring.

Unmon is right: "Everyday is a good day."

[www.keithbroadphotography.com]
Re: Macros posted by mds May 15, 2011 12:55PM reply | quote
posted by mds

Thank you Rich, Superthor and Keith! I know you'll enjoy using the Macro kit! I sure do :-) By the way, my Sweet 35 arrived Saturday!

Diane

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today