Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by jffoto

Re: On the other side

view post

Chives (Allium schoenoprasum)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) posted by digimatt May 10, 2011 04:32AM reply | quote
posted by digimatt

After a few months of inactivity, I am back because a lot of plants are growing in our garden.

Wikipedia:
Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) are the smallest species of the edible onions.[1] They are native to Europe, Asia and North America.[2]. Allium schoenoprasum is also the only species of Allium native to both the New and the Old World and is a perennial.
The name of the species derives from the Greek skhoínos (sedge) and práson (leek).[3] Its English name, chive, derives from the French word cive, from cepa, the Latin word for onion.[4]
In culinary uses, chives leaves (straws) are shredded for use as condiment for fish, potatoes and soups. Chives are a commonly used household herb, frequent in gardens and in grocery stores. It has insect-repelling properties which can be used in gardens to control pests.

Enjoy!

Matthias
Switzerland
Re: Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) posted by Superthor May 10, 2011 06:26AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Good photo,the LB lenses are perfect for plants.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) posted by RichB May 10, 2011 09:15AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Matthias,

Love the color and bokeh in this image. Very well done.

Rich
Re: Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) posted by mds May 10, 2011 09:24PM reply | quote
posted by mds

Hi Matthias,

Love the bokeh and composition of this photo. I just looked over your photostream of flowers and plants and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Diane
Re: Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) posted by digimatt May 13, 2011 04:30AM reply | quote
posted by digimatt

Thanks a lot for your postings.
I hope to be soon back with some other "lensbaby flowers".

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today