Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by Niefol

Early effort with new toy

view post

cholla cactus from Joshua Tree National Park

Newer Topic | Older Topic

cholla cactus from Joshua Tree National Park posted by kauaidan April 23, 2011 06:43PM reply | quote
posted by kauaidan
These are some of the pics that I have taken with my lensbaby 3g that I finally like enough to make into large prints. They were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel xsi on apeture priority mode.

The spines of this cactus are like porcupine quills, barbed on the end. The pictures were taken in a mini forest of cholla cactus. Think tortilla when you pronounce the name of the cactus. They propogate themselves when small found or oval parts fall off and are blown ti a location where the can take root.

Dan
Re: cholla cactus from Joshua Tree National Park posted by Superthor April 23, 2011 11:43PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
nice,i want to see more.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: cholla cactus from Joshua Tree National Park posted by RichB April 24, 2011 04:08AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Dan,

Welcome to the forum! Nice first posts. I can see why you would want to enlarge to prints.

Rich
Re: cholla cactus from Joshua Tree National Park posted by bear April 29, 2011 10:46AM reply | quote
posted by bear

I love the first one! Like the out of focus bits are swirling around the center. Very cool.
Re: cholla cactus from Joshua Tree National Park posted by mds May 10, 2011 09:32PM reply | quote
posted by mds

All four are lovely, but I really love the top far left one. It has the most interesting details yet a wonderful baby bokeh surrounding it.

Diane

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today