Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Please give me some feedback - Newbe experimenting

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Please give me some feedback - Newbe experimenting posted by avmus January 14, 2011 10:39AM reply | quote
posted by avmus

I have been experimenting around town during the snow storms we've been getting in the North East. Please give me any feedback positive or negative. I am a grown up and can handle it. Are they interesting or just plan snapshots? Thanks

[www.avmus.com]
Re: Please give me some feedback - Newbe experimenting posted by bnzai9 January 14, 2011 11:15AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Good eye. Definitely interesting and definitely not snapshots. Love the texture in #1 and I think it would benefit from more focus on that texture, the tone is right on the money though. #2 is probably my favorite, interesting lines and well placed focus. I'm from the NE as well and #3 brings me back home. Nice shot of a typical NE corner on a winter's day, great feel to it. #3 has nicely placed focus but the factory seems a bit distant. #4 is a nice experiment with the zone plate, interesting effects and color.

Bnzai9
Re: Please give me some feedback - Newbe experimenting posted by SillyHumanTricks January 14, 2011 03:04PM reply | quote
posted by SillyHumanTricks
#3 is my favorite because I feel it is focused in the right places and that focus falls off in the right places. I like the tone and colors in #5, but nothing in the image really speaks to me or makes a ton of sense (I'm not sure what I'm looking at, and I don't think the image stands alone as an abstract). I have the same problems with #1.
I think you have a good sense of where to use the Lensbaby, but my suggestion would be to play around with moving the focus so it's not so centered in every photo.

www.damneardaily.wordpress.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2011 03:05PM by SillyHumanTricks.
Re: Please give me some feedback - Newbe experimenting posted by avmus January 14, 2011 10:31PM reply | quote
posted by avmus

Thank you both for the feedback. Some very accurate comments. SillyHumanTricks - funny you mention center focus. Currently I have my composer "locked" at as close to center as possible. Not sure if it is for simplicity of shooting/focusing or if I am too busy with lighting and composition. Perhaps I can use off centered focusing to enhance both and the overall picture's interest. I agree with you on #5. It is shot out of my bedroom window overlooking our parking deck. Not abstract enough and not clear enough. I need to go one way or the other. With #1 I like it a lot, but had a hard time with focusing as suggested by bnzai9 Thanks again folks. Keep it coming.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today