Latest Post

14 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

I'm a newbie!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

I'm a newbie! posted by Courthead July 28, 2010 08:20AM reply | quote
posted by Courthead

Hellwoah! I've wanted a lensbaby for a looong time, but had never had the extra money to invest in one. I graduated from high school this year and as my graduation gift, my boyfriend bought me the Muse with double glass optic. I love it! I've been using it constantly. Now, I'm wondering what I can do to improve my lensbaby skills. If anyone has any tips for me, I would love to hear them. Thanks! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 08:34AM by Courthead.
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by Bender July 28, 2010 09:39AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Welcome to the forum. That first shot is spectacular, love the desaturated background. Second one is terrific as well with great light.

The best thing you can do is to keep shooting and try stuff out. Keep an eye on these forums and for inspiration check out the amazing images that are posted here daily. You might also pick up a few accessories along the way such as the closeup lenses and some of the interchangeable optics.

Peter
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by boostedsilvafox July 28, 2010 09:47AM reply | quote
posted by boostedsilvafox

Welcome to the forum, i too am a newbie had my muse for about three weeks now and its awesome. Best advice is just practice with one of the aperture rings and get used to it then you can start swopping them out. Also for different shots you can adjust shutter speed and it will change the shot. Good luck

Arnold

P.S. the first shot is really good
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by RichB July 28, 2010 08:17PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Courtney,

Welcome to the Lensbaby forum! I, too, love that first shot! "Experiment, experiment, experiment" would be my suggestion

Rich

PS Sounds like your boyfriend is a keeper!
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by jffoto July 29, 2010 05:29AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
I love the first image too, really great shot!
Try out is my suggestion - welcome to forum.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by mathogre July 31, 2010 12:08PM reply | quote
posted by mathogre

Hi Courtney! Yes, the first image is excellent! It's really a very good photo (and one I tagged a favorite). You kept her eyes at the sweet spot, but bent the lens to do Lensbaby magic.

Best suggestion? As others have said, just keep shooting. I have a Muse with a double glass optic too. Experiment with it. Just go out and have fun with it. Use it for some fun events where you *only* bring your Muse.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Lensbaby world. :D

Graham
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by bodhilens August 01, 2010 01:39AM reply | quote
posted by bodhilens

Hi Courtney,

Yes, your boyfriend sounds like a great guy. Now he needs to buy you macro and wide angle attachments. Those will change your world even more.

These are both excellent shots, especially for a newbie. Of course there are myriad different opinions on how you could improve them but I think they are already very good and show that you are on the right track. I agree with everyone else here when they say experiment, experiment, experiment, which I think also applies to most things in life.

Good luck!

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 01:40AM by bodhilens.
Re: I'm a newbie! posted by miadefleur August 10, 2010 05:52AM reply | quote
posted by miadefleur

beautiful!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today