Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

random shots in Venice

Newer Topic | Older Topic

random shots in Venice posted by ronschiller76 November 16, 2009 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by ronschiller76

Some shots around the streets and canals of Venice
Re: random shots in Venice posted by juznobsrvr November 16, 2009 02:14PM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

ron, very nice set... #4 looks like a motion blur -- like a mad dash to somewhere... #5 looks like a painting -- luv it... #10 is my fave

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: random shots in Venice posted by shurla5 November 17, 2009 08:45AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

These are fantastic, I love #5, 10 & 11 most. If you wouldn't mind letting us in on the post processing, I just love the look you obtained in these.
Re: random shots in Venice posted by RichB November 17, 2009 09:33AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Ron,

I'm with SHuRLa on these -- fantastic. Love the softness, yet vibrant colors at the same time. And yes, #5 does look like a painting. Did you use HDR on this one?

Rich
Re: random shots in Venice posted by ronschiller76 November 17, 2009 10:54AM reply | quote
posted by ronschiller76

Thank you very much. I generally use a series of post processing tools in photoshop to varying degrees. I generally make some minor adjustments in Adobe RAW then open Photoshop and check levels. I use noise reduction then duplicate the layer and run lucisart at a custom setting and compare it to the original. Then create a layer mask and paint in or blend it to my liking. Sometimes I wait to adjust levels until this point. Rarely I'll run another layer with Topaz Simplify at a custom setting and blend it with the other layers with a mask. I may also alter the saturation and adjust curves at the end. Sometimes a use a glamour shot focus layer and blend.
Re: random shots in Venice posted by picnic November 17, 2009 11:06PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I like the set quite a lot.

I do wish people (not just you LOL) would add what LB, optics, etc. they are shot with. Since I'm an old LB 2.0 user (until this afternoon when I'll get my new Composer and SWA converter), the new versions and optics and how people are using them interest me.

Thanks for adding you processing notes.
Re: random shots in Venice posted by ronschiller76 November 18, 2009 12:39AM reply | quote
posted by ronschiller76

Thanks, this set was shot with the composer and double glass optic. I had some difficulty entering the info last time. Also, I use an Olympus 4/3 so the resulting focal length is 100mm.
Re: random shots in Venice posted by yiota November 18, 2009 03:06PM reply | quote
posted by yiota
Dear Ron your pictures are fantastic! They look like paintings and the colors you have captured are so vibrant.Great work friend!
Re: random shots in Venice posted by jonwaz November 23, 2009 05:21AM reply | quote
posted by jonwaz

you've captured the spirit of venice ron
great set

take care out there
jonwaz

--------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
Oscar Wilde
Re: random shots in Venice posted by Ol' Don November 24, 2009 04:28AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Nice shots and beautiful processing. I like in particular #2,5,8.10 and 11. Thanks for sharing these.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: random shots in Venice posted by Judy B.J. December 13, 2009 05:23AM reply | quote
posted by Judy B.J.
Wonderful collection of shot from a most beautiful place
Re: random shots in Venice posted by Bob Layne December 20, 2009 08:10AM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Love the series.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today