Lensbaby Studio Forums

macro w/lensbaby composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

macro w/lensbaby composer posted by c t rebel October 28, 2009 10:49AM reply | quote
posted by c t rebel
I have just begun working with the macro option on my lensbaby composer, and would be interested in any feedback (negative or positive) on this image. thanks
Re: macro w/lensbaby composer posted by Ol' Don October 29, 2009 04:54AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I think this has to be one of the sharpest LB macro shots I have ever seen! Was this done with the double glass optic? I like the shot a lot. Really has a nice feel of texture.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: macro w/lensbaby composer posted by c t rebel October 30, 2009 02:55PM reply | quote
posted by c t rebel
Thanks for your reply - I used my 0.6x wide that came with a macro attachment. it lets you get as close as 2 inches from your subject, and to avoid blur i used a tripod and a f16 disc. I have included an edited version of it as well where I tried a duotone and added some film grain for effect. And yes, it has the double glass optic in place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 02:57PM by c t rebel.
Re: macro w/lensbaby composer posted by juznobsrvr November 05, 2009 03:58AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

interesting perspective

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: macro w/lensbaby composer posted by Tom Anderson June 28, 2010 07:40AM reply | quote
posted by Tom Anderson
I have a Sony A-350 and a new Composer. I kind of thought it was a close-up device but isn't. What do you use for close ups and how do you use it?

Just a beginner with Lensbaby
Re: macro w/lensbaby composer posted by Crabcakes June 29, 2010 12:26AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hi Tom--

I shoot with A100 and A700. Welcome to the forum!

For macro work, there are a couple of options. Lensbaby offers a couple of options here on the website.

The Macro kit (macro-kit) is Awesome. I've been using mine for quite a while now and love it.

There is also the .6x Wide-angle-macro adapter that c t rebel is using in these pics (macro/wa-adapter). Haven't used that one myself but it seems pretty versatile. It won't give you as many macro options but does have the .6WA.

There is also the option of using the step-up shade (step-up-shade) and adding on 52mm macro diopters (which you may already have or you can find pretty cheap). I have NO idea how well this would work or how it would compare to using the 37mm kit from Lensbaby.

All this stuff and more can be found in the "Shop Now" section of the website. There's a link at the top of this page.

If you want to see examples of what can be done with all this stuff you can go to the "Gallery" link or click on anyone's name to see more of their work.

Hope this helps and Enjoy your new Baby!

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 12:31AM by Crabcakes.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today