Lensbaby Studio Forums

rest in peace baby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

rest in peace baby posted by jonwaz July 29, 2009 06:38AM reply | quote
posted by jonwaz

This is my first time out on your forum, so I would first like to thank Craig Strong, the father of the LensBaby, for changing my life, also many of the people out there on the forum (which I've been following, and getting inspiration from for quite a while now) who are producing some really inspiring work.
I've become addicted to the LensBaby, which I aquired in January 09, and I've been having trouble ever since using a standard lens.
I'm submitting my latest efforts with the LB (Composer) taken last week while passing through a rainy cemetery in Sheffield, England.
I'm grateful for your constructive critisism.

P.S. I'm not usually this dark – I've got som vivid stuff in my portfolio too...

take care out there
jonwaz

--------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
Oscar Wilde

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 07:53AM by jonwaz.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by RichB July 29, 2009 08:29AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

John,

Some very nice bending in your first series post. Thanks for sharing, even if the subject is dark! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome to the forum.

Rich
Re: rest in peace baby posted by BearWoodsDavid July 29, 2009 09:59AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

John,
Very well done series and welcome. I really am drawn to the strong contrast and composition of #7.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: rest in peace baby posted by Bob Layne July 29, 2009 11:30AM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
I like these. Very good.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by angelsparo@hotmail.com July 29, 2009 03:08PM reply | quote
I am new too, and my favorite is 8,I like the softness you added on a stone Angel

A new point of view.
---nothing seems the same---
Angelsparo
Re: rest in peace baby posted by juznobsrvr July 30, 2009 01:08AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

dark? i like dark. welcome, john.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: rest in peace baby posted by jonwaz July 31, 2009 02:07AM reply | quote
posted by jonwaz

Thank you!
I'll be back...

take care out there
jonwaz

--------
Oscar Wilde
Re: rest in peace baby posted by Kurt Norlin July 31, 2009 04:05AM reply | quote
posted by Kurt Norlin

Welcome John. I would agree, number 8 is the strongest image. Nice to see some B+W images. Kurt

Happy Trails
[kurtnorlinphotography.com]

[altviznotebook.blogspot.com]

Flickr: [www.flickr.com]
Re: rest in peace baby posted by kmac August 03, 2009 10:41AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

great set - well done - love the moodiness - and welcome.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by carcotasu August 03, 2009 05:27PM reply | quote
posted by carcotasu
I really like this shots... specially no. 5 and no. 8.
Great work and welcome :)
Re: rest in peace baby posted by subpardaemon August 10, 2009 11:57PM reply | quote
posted by subpardaemon

impressive images, very nice use of b&w. i think you should buy a creative aperture set and create a cross-shaped hole and do another round in the cemetary and just watch the images emerging. :)
Re: rest in peace baby posted by melmelkitty33 September 26, 2009 02:32AM reply | quote
posted by melmelkitty33

I think these are fantastic! I think it's great to go outside your "norm" - I try to do that constantly because it makes you look at composing your shot a little differently, and for that I think we all become better photographers. I put a lens on my camera and shoot only with that lens for a couple of days because it forces me to figure out how to get the best shot with that lens! I really like these and I'm not normally "dark" either - but they are very artistic and beautiful!!!
Re: rest in peace baby posted by photomf September 26, 2009 06:15AM reply | quote
posted by photomf

compliments from Massimo Italy

Photo MF
Ravenna Italy
[www.photomf.it]
Re: rest in peace baby posted by dewberry1964 September 30, 2009 01:05PM reply | quote
posted by dewberry1964

fantastic work, very distinctive in angle and processing. more please
Re: rest in peace baby posted by jonwaz October 05, 2009 05:32AM reply | quote
posted by jonwaz

thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement...

take care out there
jonwaz

--------
Oscar Wilde
Re: rest in peace baby posted by zooplancton October 12, 2009 01:35PM reply | quote
posted by zooplancton

wow, thank you. this makes me proud to be living in the same time frame as you.
keep up the good work. very, very inspiring.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by Eisbrecher October 14, 2009 09:39PM reply | quote
posted by Eisbrecher

I love everything about this set, can't even choose favorite pic... Well done.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by jonwaz November 08, 2009 05:07AM reply | quote
posted by jonwaz

many thanks you for your kind comments

take care out there
jonwaz

--------
Oscar Wilde
Re: rest in peace baby posted by Artificient December 06, 2009 12:05PM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

I really like your photos, they have nice contrast. I am guessing they are digital? I think one thing that would make these that much better would be off they where taken on traditional film so they could have a good grain to them. Maybe on ISO of 400 would look good? They are still great photos though.

----------
www.Artificient.DeviantArt.com

6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. The police took 8 & 10 into custody under suspicion. They figured it must have been 8 or 10 because they were right next to 9 when it happened. The police told 8 & 10 how they found 9's remains half eaten in an ally...
Re: rest in peace baby posted by jamesdavidphotography December 07, 2009 07:51AM reply | quote
Old cemeteries make wonderful bending sites.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by crfrey71 December 08, 2009 12:53AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

I think you have what every new lensbaby user has. That is, too much bend. especially on #1. By placing the subject way up in the shot, you have to bend a lot to bring it back in focus. I think that would work great with subjects you are trying to create motion with. But for selective focus purposes, as this shot is, it just makes for too much obscurity. I like #2,7, and 8 in this bunch.
Re: rest in peace baby posted by jonwaz January 12, 2010 02:52AM reply | quote
posted by jonwaz

thank you all for your kind and constructive comments

take care out there
jonwaz

--------
Oscar Wilde
Re: rest in peace baby posted by Lorna Taylor January 17, 2010 07:32AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Your work is stunning!! Like you my Lensbaby Composer has become my drug of choice, I rarely use any of my other lens except my 600mm telephoto.I love how the Lensbaby lets us see the world, it's almost as if it were designed to capture the essence of any moment!I own one now for 8 months and counting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 07:33AM by Lorna Taylor.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today