Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Honest opinions please

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Honest opinions please posted by MelissaGrace March 11, 2009 01:10AM reply | quote
posted by MelissaGrace
Hi everyone! I've recently started playing around with my Composer after having it sit on my shelf for too many months. I wanted to spend some time and enjoy photography and to bring out my creativity. We've had some cold days so I've practiced mostly on my son who moves around way too much. I don't think I have a real feel for using this great lens so would appreciate any critiques.

The bike was taken some time ago so I cannot remember what I was using. The other two are shot wide open with the double glass optic.

I have a NIKON D90. From what I understand my camera does not meter and I have to use manual. It also does not recognize the aperture I have correct?

Thank you for your time and review.
Re: Honest opinions please posted by Kimijoe1 March 11, 2009 01:57AM reply | quote
posted by Kimijoe1

I really love the bike shot
Re: Honest opinions please posted by RichB March 11, 2009 02:20AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Melissa,

The bike shot is very nice, but I really like the first one of your son. It is an instant fave for me!

Rich
Re: Honest opinions please posted by MelissaGrace March 11, 2009 02:53AM reply | quote
posted by MelissaGrace
RichB
Melissa,

The bike shot is very nice, but I really like the first one of your son. It is an instant fave for me!

Rich

Thanks Rich. That's one of my favorites but with my being new to the lens I still was feeling a little insecure about the image.
Re: Honest opinions please posted by dewberry1964 March 11, 2009 03:42AM reply | quote
posted by dewberry1964

I love #2, the bike is also very nice, I think a lower angle on it would have been interesting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 03:42AM by dewberry1964.
Re: Honest opinions please posted by MelissaGrace March 11, 2009 05:41AM reply | quote
posted by MelissaGrace
dewberry1964
I love #2, the bike is also very nice, I think a lower angle on it would have been interesting

I may have to go back and take another look at this and see if I can try for a different angle. I love the bike and feel it works well w/ the Composer but, I agree, it needs to be at a different angle.
Thank you.
Re: Honest opinions please posted by kmac March 11, 2009 11:30AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Love the second image - welcome to the forum.
Re: Honest opinions please posted by desean March 11, 2009 12:10PM reply | quote
posted by desean

great shots, melissa! love the footsies. let's see more photos.

desean • vancouver bc
Re: Honest opinions please posted by BearWoodsDavid March 11, 2009 01:19PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I really like the 2 images of your son. They are wonderful and seem to tell their own story.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Honest opinions please posted by lemurhouse March 11, 2009 11:14PM reply | quote
posted by lemurhouse

I think all three shots are quite lovely. The two of your son with the book I think are great, especially #2 because of the bending and the dynamism of him turning the pages.
Re: Honest opinions please posted by sam March 12, 2009 02:42PM reply | quote
posted by sam

I love #2. The composition is very interesting to me. The eye moves around the image, drawn along by the lines, the motion, with the story unfolding along the way. This seems like the most complex image you have posted so far. Keep looking for moments like this!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today