Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction posted by LGrace February 19, 2009 03:29AM reply | quote
posted by LGrace

Hello Friends,

A while back I was approached to create some bowling pin art for a local BigBrothersBigSisters charity event. BBBS is a very commendable organization and before I had a chance to think about it I said "sure". I drove around with this pin (taking a bunch of pics of it) for a few weeks until I decided to create the Fauxberge Dream--inspired by the incredible work of Peter Carl Faberge and his Faberge Eggs.

There are about 150 Art Pins in this auction. Quite a cool collection. Here's a link where you'll find a link on the left side to the Pins of Marin auction.

[www.kintera.org]

I've posted a couple of lensbaby 3G pics of my finished effort.

I hope you have a chance to take a look at the auction.

Thanks,
Larry
Re: Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction posted by RichB February 19, 2009 04:28AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Larry,

The golden touch -- very nice images.

Rich
Re: Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction posted by jWebb February 19, 2009 05:53AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

Larry,
Beautifully done! The Faberge eggs stand among the world's great art, and you have captured the essence very well.
Jack
Re: Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction posted by LGrace February 20, 2009 12:44AM reply | quote
posted by LGrace

Thanks Rich--and still finding gold leaf floating around the house!

Thanks Jack. My wife tuned me into the art of Faberge. Spectacular and intricate work. Amazing artisans--I think there's a show in SF right now that we're going to check out.

-Larry
Re: Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction posted by ranfoto February 20, 2009 06:07AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

The "amazing" Lar........egg aRt.......very Bent creation this pin fab err' J' .
Re: Fauxberge Dream-Bowling Pin Art Auction posted by LGrace February 24, 2009 12:12AM reply | quote
posted by LGrace

Hey Ran! Long time no chat! Hope all is well. Send me a note and let me know what you've been up to.
Take care my friend,
Lar

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today