Lensbaby Studio Forums

Been away...but back...with Tulips...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by David Morel February 15, 2009 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

I had my 3G go down and the ever diligent support staff at Lensbaby fixed me up, but I was down for a bit. Then work took too much time, so I ahven't been shooting much. But today I took some shots of my V-Day gift to my better half. Let me know your thoughts and critiques.

The last one is my wife's favorite, she says it is Wabi-Sabi...nice because it is not perfect(notice the cut leaf)

Full gallery here: [www.pbase.com]

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by RichB February 15, 2009 11:29AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Good to see you back again! Have missed your unique style. This is a very vibrant series on tulips -- thanks for sharing!

Rich
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by BearWoodsDavid February 15, 2009 12:24PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

David,
Glad you are back. I really like them all but, #4 is my favorite of the series because of the unique composition.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by jankapoor February 15, 2009 11:13PM reply | quote
posted by jankapoor

Welcome back! They are all lovely; my favorite is #5, subtle and unusual colors.

Jan

Landscape, nature and still life using pinhole, zoneplate, Lensbaby DSLR and toy cameras; alternative printing processes including cyanotype, VDB and platinum/palladium. My website: [www.jankapoor.net]
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by Ol' Don February 16, 2009 08:16AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

My favorites are numbers 1,3, and 4. Really nice. The others are OK but just a bit too macro to get the full overall beauty of the flower. Anyway thats how I see it;-)

Good to see you back and thanks for sharing these beauties.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by jad February 16, 2009 10:43AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Glad you are back with such beauty! Tulips are my favorite so I love them all.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by ranfoto February 17, 2009 04:43AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Back with a "Bang" .....Bots are , err' the tulips look bottiful .......so what happened to your "G" Bender David, did it get too Bent ? hee !
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by rannestad February 17, 2009 05:47AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

That's a good reason for buying those flowers to your better half... Love no 4 mostly too. Great composition there.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by shurla5 February 17, 2009 08:24AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Welcome back David, isn't it good to see spring time just around the corner and you know that means flowers, flowers and more flowers. Love your tulip shots esp. #2, it looks like velvet.
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by jWebb February 17, 2009 09:33AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

David,
Nice! I like #2 and #4 best.
jack
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by igorsv February 17, 2009 07:56PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

very spring feeling. nicely done.

Igor
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by kmac February 18, 2009 11:21AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

nice set - my favorite is the fourth - great composition.
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by David Morel February 19, 2009 11:24PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Thank you all! It is good to be back! :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by mwoconnor February 20, 2009 11:41AM reply | quote
posted by mwoconnor
please let me know the lens and macro that you used to take the tulip photos. i just bought the composer at WPPI trade show in las Vegas this week.

thanks,
michael
Re: Been away...but back...with Tulips... posted by David Morel February 21, 2009 04:06AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Michael, I used the 3g lens and the +4 macro for most of them. I think the first one was with out the macro diopter. Good luck with your new lens!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today