Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

14 hours ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

My first lensbaby photos!!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My first lensbaby photos!! posted by sarahashleyphotos February 03, 2009 03:49AM reply | quote
posted by sarahashleyphotos

Everyone seems to be getting the composer which I would love to have but the 3g was cheaper and I wasn't totally sure I would like the lensbaby so I settled for the cheaper one. I love my lensbaby though. I am going to have a lot of fun with this. I may get the composer some day but there is so much other camera gear I need to buy.

I'm defiantly using this lens for my next photography class assignment. I hope my professor docent mind since its such a odd lens.

These photos were shot with the 3g and no aperture disk lol I forgot to put one in. I shot them in my little photography studio with flash lighting.
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by RichB February 03, 2009 04:04AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Sarah,

Welcome to the Lensbaby forum. I wish you the very best on your 3G project in your class project.

Both images are very nice. I particularly like the lines and softness of #1 as well as the lighting.

Don't hesitate to share more of your work on the forum. You may find the comments helpful (as I have found over the months) to you as you learn the art of "Lensbabyography". Let it bring out the artist in you.

Rich
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by ranfoto February 03, 2009 04:41AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Sarah .....a Bender is a Bender no matter the make or model.

Being a student of imaging you will soon find the aRt lies in your head not in the lens of choice. Glad you got a bargain price on your "G", now that they are showing up on the secondary market at attractive prices I too am investing in a few more for my collection of modified image snappers :)

Your little studio is perfect for capturing aRty Botanics, nicely Bent .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 04:43AM by ranfoto.
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by sarahashleyphotos February 03, 2009 05:21AM reply | quote

ranfoto
Sarah .....a Bender is a Bender no matter the make or model.

Yes but I would love to have the optic swap system.
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by maryemccabe February 03, 2009 07:04AM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

Hey, Sarah, and welcome! I'm new to bending, too, and you've gotten a great start with these two lovelies! I, also especially like #1. I particularly like the fact that you show only part of the flowers. I can't see why the prof won't accept images from your LB... as long as you follow the assignment theme.....
Mary
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by kmac February 03, 2009 09:41AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Especially drawn to the first image - elusive quality to it - welcome.
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by sarahashleyphotos February 03, 2009 10:38AM reply | quote

Thanks everyone =)
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by sarahashleyphotos February 03, 2009 10:40AM reply | quote

Oh um where do I go to set up my little icon thing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 10:40AM by sarahashleyphotos.
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by BearWoodsDavid February 03, 2009 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome Sarah,
By icon thing I am betting you mean the avatar (I had no clue what one was until I joined the forum). You go to your studio space and it will allow you to select a photo as your avatar. You are off to a really good start. The 3G is an excellent lens and you are not slighting yourself by owning one. You will especially love it for macro work. I look forward to seeing more images.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: My first lensbaby photos!! posted by sarahashleyphotos February 03, 2009 11:05AM reply | quote

Ya avatar. I have seen them called both on diffrent web sites so I wasn't sure. Thanks =)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today