Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by Xavier February 02, 2009 01:10PM reply | quote
posted by Xavier

Hey everyone - it's been a while since I posted anything...seems like my free time has gone down the toilet. The good news is I got a Composer for Christmas!
These were my first shots with it.
All shot with a Canon 40d and a mixture of doublet, plastic, and pinhole/zone plate.

Cheers!

Xavier
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by ranfoto February 02, 2009 01:30PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

The body of this aRt tends to be good ......and the Composing does it justice ......my fav of the group would be number five because the treatment is kewl :)

It may have "scene" better days though.....
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by rannestad February 02, 2009 03:46PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Great. I like 3 and 5 the most. Lovely

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by BearWoodsDavid February 02, 2009 09:02PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Nice series, I like the look of the last 3 which I am assuming that they were done with the pinhole/zone plate?
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by igorsv February 02, 2009 09:17PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Great work. I'm more drawn to #2. love the interplay between the distorted and mirrored reality.

Igor
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by Xavier February 02, 2009 10:06PM reply | quote
posted by Xavier

Hey - thanks everyone for checking them out!

BearWooodsDavid - numbers 5 & 6 were with the zone plate - interesting thing about number 5 is that it was my first attempt with the zone plate and I had no idea what I was doing as far as the light meter. It actually saved as a completely black picture from the camera; no light. It took some serious manipulating with levels in PS to even give it some sort of life. Hence why I chose the antique treatment for that one since it already had a ton of digital noise and artifacts. Num 1 & 3, shot with the plastic, 2 & 4 the doublet and the last one was shot with the pinhole.

Thanks again everyone!

Xavier
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by BearWoodsDavid February 03, 2009 12:13PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very cool, thanks for the information Xavier. You made a great save with #5.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by kmac February 03, 2009 07:48PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Really like the treatment of the fifth image.
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by stevenz February 04, 2009 05:47AM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

#2 is very cleverly done and the treatment on #5 is terrific.
steve
Re: Composer First Takes - Disclaimer - Nudes posted by Xavier February 04, 2009 09:38PM reply | quote
posted by Xavier

Thanks Steve and kmac!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today