Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by jffoto

Re: On the other side

view post

My First Attempt with Composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My First Attempt with Composer posted by rlhaas February 02, 2009 03:34AM reply | quote
posted by rlhaas
I recently picked up a Composer and have just processed my first shot. This is one of my wife's orchids and was shot in my living room. I used Lightroom and Photoshop in pp. I am open for any and all critiques. Thanks.
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by RichB February 02, 2009 06:03AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Robin,

Lovely image! Great sweet spot and lighting. Welcome to the forum and your new Composer.

Rich
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by SKF February 02, 2009 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Robin,

I'm with Rich, great lighting - Good things to come I'm sure, keep 'em coming.

Cheers

steve
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid February 02, 2009 06:16AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome Robin, lovely image.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by rlhaas February 02, 2009 10:28PM reply | quote
posted by rlhaas
Thanks for the comments Rich, Steve and David. I was really just messing around experimenting. I took about a dozen shots and this one came out the best. The lighting was from the window that the orchid sits by along with a little bounced fill flash. The background was the shades on the window. The background was a little too bright so I toned it down in Lightroom and added a vignette. Fixed a little hot spot on one of the petals in Photoshop.
Looking forward to more opportunities to play with this lens!
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by ranfoto February 03, 2009 04:54AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

A little Blending goes a long way.......colorful capture.
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by ScottM February 03, 2009 07:00AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

I agree, great first image. Keep em coming.
Scott
Re: My First Attempt with Composer posted by kmac February 03, 2009 09:39AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nice first image and welcome.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today