Latest Post

9 hours ago by ebby62

fishing

view post

shooting some new shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

shooting some new shots posted by jad January 30, 2009 07:35AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Got the plastic optic today. Any comments welcome. I know I do need practice, I just hope I am doing it correctly.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: shooting some new shots posted by ranfoto January 30, 2009 08:00AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Joye: All effects have there place, the choice that's the hard part .

For these scenes, I feel they are too soft.....they seem more mushy then artie to me........of course being critical about it.......just my first impression .

What do you think ? That's what "IS" really important !
Re: shooting some new shots posted by jad January 30, 2009 08:09AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Thanks Ran. I am thinking the same thing. I didn't have an aperture in the first 2 shots. I just forgot about it. I typically like a definite sweet spot so I will have to figure that out with both the plastic and the pinhole optics.
Thanks again.

enjoye!

joye

Re: shooting some new shots posted by BearWoodsDavid January 30, 2009 10:38AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Hi Joye,
I have found a lot of times the plastic and single glass seem to give the neatest effects in bright light. The series is cool though. What is the last image? Root cellar, storm shelter?
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: shooting some new shots posted by kmac January 30, 2009 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

I was waiting for these first images from you with the plastic - it is fun to see the different effects it produces - I first experimented with it open and then at f4, I think - I had better results with an aperture disc in. My feeling is that I like it better in lower light or earlier in the day from what I shot. But, on this site I'm sure that I have seen images taken with the plastic in all kinds of light and it has worked well. Have fun with it - and I don't think there is a correct way.
Re: shooting some new shots posted by RichB February 02, 2009 01:21AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

jad,

I like your plastic optic shots. I think half the fun of the plastic optic is experimenting with different apertures to find the effect that pleases you the most.

Rich
Re: shooting some new shots posted by igorsv February 02, 2009 03:18AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

#3 is very impressionistic.

Igor
Re: shooting some new shots posted by jad February 02, 2009 07:13AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Thanks to all for your comments. David, the door is a cellar of some sort. It is located at a local camp and I will go back to shoot more. In the Spring the grass in front of it is full of jonquils.

I think the most important thing to learn is to practice and see which optic works best with which light. Looking forward to going to the beach this weekend and bend some Lighthouses.

enjoye!

joye

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today