Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

Nikon D90 + Composer B&W video

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Nikon D90 + Composer B&W video posted by retrocactus January 26, 2009 07:38AM reply | quote
posted by retrocactus
I was at a conference this past weekend and shot some video with my D90 (in the monochrome mode) and the Composer:

Love how it looks and wanting to use it more and more for video.
Re: Nikon D90 + Composer B&W video posted by ranfoto January 27, 2009 04:29AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

John.....that was neat, way more aRtie then the photo phone user was getting ......

Does the D90 use aperture priorty to get exposure or do you have to set the exposure manually ?

If you use larger memory cards how long a video can you record with good quality ?

Bendy DVD's .....I could get into this stuff ! :))
Re: Nikon D90 + Composer B&W video posted by retrocactus January 27, 2009 05:00AM reply | quote
posted by retrocactus
Ranfoto: It's all manual with the D90 and the Composer attached but you can tweak a few things while you're recording via live view. That clip was recorded in HD and maxes out at 5 mins at 720p. You can drop down to a lower resolution and record up to 20 mins at a time.

I think it has to do with file system limitations more than anything since the size of the files are pretty large even for short clips.
Re: Nikon D90 + Composer B&W video posted by ranfoto January 27, 2009 11:40AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Thanks for the update John ....sounds like a Utube type venture .
Re: Nikon D90 + Composer B&W video posted by MattW January 27, 2009 03:42PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Nicely shot - I like the LB effect and the D90 video mode has worked well.

Matthew

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today