Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Pinhole at the Harbor

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Pinhole at the Harbor posted by rannestad January 25, 2009 12:31AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Between sleepless nights and changing of diapers I got a time window of approx. 1/2 half hour to explore the nearby harbor.

Image #1: Composer, pinhole (at closest distance to sensor) and 0.45x converter
Image #2: Composer, pinhole (at furthest distance from sensor)

Both images Canon 5D

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by igorsv January 25, 2009 12:53AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Bjorn,

Both image have a nice soft glow typical for the pinhole photography. I don't see a difference in image quality affected by the "optic" distance from the sensor. If you look at your original large size images do you see any difference quality-wise between #1 and #2?

From my experience the distance only slightly adjusts the focal lens. My camera is Canon 1Ds II.

Btw, good images, work well in BW.

Igor
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by rannestad January 25, 2009 01:22AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Igor.

I don't think of the optic distance from the sensor as an image quality issue, more as changing the focal lenght. In the first image I wanted as much wide angle as possible, hence the close distance to the sensor. In the second one I wanted a longer focal length, hence the further distance from the distance.

The interesting thing about the pinhole "optic" is that the focusing ring now turns into a zoom ring. I really think the lensbaby pinhole is great quality. I have previously experimented with homemade pinholes. They are long way from the lensbaby pinhole, quality wise.

My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by Günter Zetzsche January 25, 2009 01:39AM reply | quote
posted by Günter Zetzsche

I guess you are lucky, because you have so nice object from the coast for photography, nice shots.

Guenter
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by jamesdavidphotography January 25, 2009 01:56AM reply | quote
Love that pinhole look.
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by stevenz January 25, 2009 06:16AM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

jamesdavidphotography
Love that pinhole look.

Agree entirely, particularly #1.
Sadly just recieved my composer and the shop ordered the wrong mount so another delay and I can't get the pinhole optic in NZ so I've had to make a special order, will be weeks yet :-( Sad realities of living at the bottom of the planet.

Steve
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by RichB January 25, 2009 06:59AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bjorn,

Some nice pinhole images you have captured here! Great subject as well.

Rich
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by BearWoodsDavid January 25, 2009 08:51AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nicely done Bjorn. I am hoping to finally go out and do some pinhole stuff tomorrow.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by ranfoto January 25, 2009 03:20PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Dear ole super dad :

Hee......still making time for some Bending, work, and Lil one ......pinholy at the seashore.....kewl :))
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by kmac January 26, 2009 08:17PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nice subject matter for the pinhole - especially like the first image.
Re: Pinhole at the Harbor posted by oliver tudoras February 06, 2009 01:10AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

beautiful..love #2

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today