Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Sit, Stay. Good boy.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by jad January 21, 2009 08:04AM reply | quote
posted by jad

We played and played in the snow and Starbuck (the border collie) was finally tired enough to be still. Such a good boy. Juneau (siberian husky mix) will always let me get close enough to bend her. Anybody else have some fun dog pictures???

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 08:13AM by jad.
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by BearWoodsDavid January 21, 2009 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Those are fantastic pooch pics. I love the expression in 1 and 2. 4 is such a strong portrait.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by Captured Light January 21, 2009 11:28AM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

Haha!! It took 10 years of playing with our Border Collie before she settled down enough to take pictures! They are amazing dogs. Your shots are wonderful!

I called this one "Queen Anne's Dog" when I put it up on Flickr.

This was my narrative: "It's incredibly difficult to take pictures with a Lensbaby while walking the dog.....not enough hands, too much motion sometimes!"

Canon XTi
Lensbaby 2.0
wide-open

Thanks for inviting our dogs to play!!

Rick
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by RichB January 21, 2009 11:45AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

jad,

Love your dog pics, and I love dogs!

Rich
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by ToniMJ January 21, 2009 02:55PM reply | quote
posted by ToniMJ

Cute pooches! Here's my boys. Buddy is the Springer and Buster is the Boston. Buster wouldn't hold still, but it's the best LB shot of him that I was able to get. The one of Buddy was one of the first images taken after I got my lens last month.

Thanks for the invitation to post our pooches

Toni

[dailyvignette.com]
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by INITECH_prez January 22, 2009 02:29AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

All of your fur babies are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
What a cute name... "Starbuck"

Rachel

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by jad January 22, 2009 10:09AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Thanks to all of you. Some great shots. I love the Boston. Rick, glad you can relate to the border collie, they are amazing and too smart for their own good. We named him Starbuck because he seems to be full of caffeine!

Let's keep it going. Bend your pup and add on.

enjoye!

joye

Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by kmac January 22, 2009 11:32AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Love dogs - great shots above - love Starbuck in the snow and the terrier. Used to have a border collie named Mocha. We lost a dog a couple years back due to one of those food recalls and are just starting to think maybe again. Allie (b&w image) is a regular at our house - rest were taken at the dog park in the fall which I visited with my son...
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by jad January 22, 2009 08:26PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Love the pic of Allie. The rest are great too, dog park is a good idea. So sorry you lost your dog in that way. There are tons out there that need a good home. If you decide to get one make sure you bend and post. Thanks kmac for sharing.

I can't take Starbuck to the dog park because all the other dogs would be herded into a corner and he would be the only one having fun.

enjoye!

joye

Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by jean-luc January 22, 2009 08:54PM reply | quote
posted by jean-luc

We have a beagle as a model!

Jean-Luc

[www.pbase.com]
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by jad January 22, 2009 10:02PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Those are great Jean-Luc. He or she must be a good dog to let you get that close. I like #2 the best. Glad you got the border ok, let me know if you have any trouble with it.

enjoye!

joye

Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by INITECH_prez January 22, 2009 11:56PM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

Jean-Luc,
What a cutie! I like number 2 as well.

-rach

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by jad January 23, 2009 09:45AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Meet Fenway. He is a client of mine and I shot him with the 3G last year. He loves that tennis ball!

enjoye!

joye

Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by BearWoodsDavid January 23, 2009 10:39AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Fenway looks like a sweetie. Go Red Sox!!
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Sit, Stay. Good boy. posted by sudhir January 23, 2009 07:54PM reply | quote
posted by sudhir
That 1st portrait of starbucks is great , well composed , the snowflakes ,his ears & the overall expression, priceless ,perfect sweet spot too x

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today