Latest Post

1 day ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

First Attempts...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First Attempts... posted by justramirez January 19, 2009 04:09PM reply | quote
posted by justramirez

Just got my babies and still trying to figure things out. Most of time I'm having troubles focusing as what I see in the viewfinder isn't exactly what comes out. Oh yeah, I'm also a total noob in photography, so there's still a lot to learn. These photos are a product of trial and error.

Hmmm, I've read that I have to adjust the diopter settings but I don't exactly know how that works. Lols... I'm using a Composer by the way and is in love with the plastic optic.
Re: First Attempts... posted by peterb533 January 19, 2009 04:50PM reply | quote
posted by peterb533

Welcome to the addiction! Great first shots.
Don't know what camera you have but usually there is a small lever next to the viewfinder to adjust the dioptre. Half press the shutter and move the dioptre lever until the information displayed in the viewfinder is sharp. That should allow you to focus better. Good luck.
Re: First Attempts... posted by BearWoodsDavid January 19, 2009 07:52PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Just,
Welcome. It looks like you will have a lot of fun with the new babies. It looks like while you are fixing the diopter the bear is happy to hang around.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: First Attempts... posted by RichB January 19, 2009 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Lois,

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed viewing your first Composer images of the bear. You and your bear will get the hang of focusing in no time!

Rich
Re: First Attempts... posted by Darby January 19, 2009 11:25PM reply | quote
posted by Darby

Hi, I am new to this site also. I have had my G3 for almost a year. What fun it is. Pretty soon you will be able to pick it up and find the "sweet spot" right away. Nice first attempts.

This car was going down the street in front of my house. Thought the colors where artisitic but not something I would drive. Of course the camera had the LB on it..
Kudos Darby
Re: First Attempts... posted by ranfoto January 20, 2009 05:04AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

See, snap, then learn .....Bending is an aRt, it's not as much about the blur as one would assume .......

Your bear has seen the light and I like ! Just-a-Vision .

And Darby I would drive that car .. hee .
Re: First Attempts... posted by INITECH_prez January 20, 2009 06:01AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

I like the bear! Dark and creepy, but it fits in the surroundings! Thanks for sharing.
-rach

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: First Attempts... posted by justramirez January 20, 2009 09:02AM reply | quote
posted by justramirez

Thanks guys! I will try to apply those the next time, I mean fixing the diopter that is. ^^

Hopefully I can post better photos next time.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today