Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Dry River Canyon

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Dry River Canyon posted by MarcInBend January 19, 2009 08:15AM reply | quote
posted by MarcInBend

It was a cold and kind of crappy day in Bend, but my wife and I hiked in a new spot. I'm starting to get the feel for the Muse, and when I want to use the plastic optic (#3 and 4) or the double glass (#1 and 2). Any comments, critiques or suggestions are welcome.

-Marc
Re: Dry River Canyon posted by RichB January 19, 2009 08:27AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Marc,

Think I missed your first set of images a few days back. Looks like you and your wife are really enjoying hiking! #4 is my favorite of this series, with the sun peeking through the trees. welcome to the forum!

Rich
Re: Dry River Canyon posted by BearWoodsDavid January 19, 2009 10:38AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Marc,
Nice series, I especially like the texture of number 4.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Dry River Canyon posted by ranfoto January 20, 2009 04:45AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Any comments, critiques or suggestions are welcome:

Marc.....making comments on anothers work is difficult, not knowing what the imager is trying to convey with the work.

I feel though that you may want to use more post production to improve the rendition of your captures.

Out in the field you either have to wait for along time until the light is magic or snap what you see and go home and play to improve the scene.

If one a purest then you wait, but we have learned even from ole Ansel Adams that it was in the darkroom where most of the true magic came !

Great imagine making is about seeing and capturing the light, that's why your number four will get the most interest.

Now let's go "Bend" some more !
Re: Dry River Canyon posted by MarcInBend January 20, 2009 05:44AM reply | quote
posted by MarcInBend

Ran,

Thanks for the input. Very helpful bits of advise.

-marc

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today