Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Lensbaby LM-10 now available

view post

A view from the hill

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 19, 2009 07:44AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I was up at my cabin today to deliver some images for a local conservation group. I decided to stop at the overlook and take an image of a mountain called Sharptop Mountain. In the background on the horizon is the skyline of Atlanta. I was hoping for a hillside of snow...maybe tomorrow. Thanks for looking. Taken with the Composer, f2.8, double glass, 1.6x teleconverter.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: A view from the hill posted by RichB January 19, 2009 08:21AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Nice image! Glad you mentioned that Atlanta was in the skyline -- I probably would have asked -- pretty cool capture!

Rich
Re: A view from the hill posted by igorsv January 19, 2009 08:54PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

nicely bent! i can see the skyline.

Igor
Re: A view from the hill posted by ranfoto January 20, 2009 04:51AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Looks like a Blue Ridge to me......a nice outlook on the area.
Re: A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 20, 2009 07:33AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Rich, Igor and Ran. Atlanta is about 70 miles from this point and it is always so weird to see it on a clear day. This is a great lookout point in all of the different seasons.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A view from the hill posted by jad January 20, 2009 08:00AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Great shot David. It does look like the Blue Ridge and it's not too far from here (Asheville). I didn't even think about adding a 1.6x converter with the lens baby. Does it eat up a lot of light?
It's nice to have some clear winter skies to shoot.
Thanks for sharing

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: A view from the hill posted by kmac January 20, 2009 08:39AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nicely done - I'm not familiar with this part of the country.
Re: A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 20, 2009 08:45AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Joye and kmac. Joye, if it does eat up any light it can't be more than a half stop. Since it screws onto the front, the effect is minimal. I must admit that I have not even checked.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A view from the hill posted by jad January 22, 2009 10:31AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Hey David,

Is the 1.6x teleconverter considered the telephoto for the lensbaby? Or did you get another one? And do you ever use a ND filter with the LB?
So many questions--I appreciate your help.

enjoye!

joye

Re: A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 22, 2009 10:41AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Hi Joye,
The teleconverter I use is the one from Lensbaby. I got it in a kit with the wide angle lens also. I have used the ND filters, I have a 3 stop and a 6 stop. I usually use them photographing rivers and with no aperture ring installed. You get a good small sweet spot and flowing water. I also use a circular polarizer too.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A view from the hill posted by jad January 22, 2009 10:58AM reply | quote
posted by jad

I do have the telephoto and the wide angle but haven't used them much. Is the filter size 37mm? Thanks for the info.

enjoye!

joye

Re: A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 22, 2009 11:24AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

The filter size for the regular Lensbaby lenses is 37mm and for the front of the tele and wide is 46mm. I usually just use the 37mm though.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A view from the hill posted by jad January 22, 2009 07:57PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Thanks David. I'm headed for the Outer Banks in a couple of weeks and looking forward to bending some lighthouses.

enjoye!

joye

Re: A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 22, 2009 09:23PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Bend those beaches! Have fun.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A view from the hill posted by jankapoor January 23, 2009 05:27AM reply | quote
posted by jankapoor

Beautiful light, composition and color.

Jan

Landscape, nature and still life using pinhole, zoneplate, Lensbaby DSLR and toy cameras; alternative printing processes including cyanotype, VDB and platinum/palladium. My website: [www.jankapoor.net]
Re: A view from the hill posted by rannestad January 24, 2009 05:06AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

The composition and light is great. Love the trees. Looks like hair on the mountain.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: A view from the hill posted by BearWoodsDavid January 24, 2009 09:17AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Jan and Bjorn. I love photographing the trees in the winter, they have such a great look.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A view from the hill posted by thebarefootphotographer January 24, 2009 09:53AM reply | quote
Wow -- how nice when it is that clear! Great photo.

Donna
www.thebarefootphotographer.com
Re: A view from the hill posted by Günter Zetzsche January 24, 2009 08:34PM reply | quote
posted by Günter Zetzsche

Nice mood, David

Guenter

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today