Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by Josh-LB

Re: Macro

view post

First outing with Lensbaby Muse

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by davep January 15, 2009 01:50AM reply | quote
posted by davep

I just got a Lensbaby Muse this week and, yesterday, had my first chance to have a very quick play with it. So, in the spirit of this forum, I thought I'd share some here.

The full set from my first go with the lens can be seen over here.

So far I'm loving it. Lots of scope to learn and grow with it.

_____
My Photography | Lincolnshire | Flickr | RedBubble
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by ranfoto January 15, 2009 04:12AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Dave glad to see you got some daylight to go out for some Musing.....but don't think your Bending has to be restricted to the daylight hours, some of the best stuff can be captured under the lights at night......happy Bending to you.
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by RichB January 15, 2009 04:37AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Dave,

Some nice first muses here -- welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more of your work -- daylight or night, makes no difference.

Rich
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by INITECH_prez January 15, 2009 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

Nice first shots. I like the photo on the additional site of the door.
-rach

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by davep January 15, 2009 05:15AM reply | quote
posted by davep

Thanks all for the welcome. You're all right, of course, I'd assumed that some kinds of night shooting would be possible too (it's something I will explore at some point). But when it comes to getting to know a lens I've never used before (and something so very different to what I've used before), it helps to be able to see what I'm doing if nothing else.... ;-)
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by INITECH_prez January 15, 2009 05:30AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

Dave-
I use the Muse too and I am still trying to figure out a good way to use it at night. I need to save my pennies for a composer!
-rach

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by davep January 15, 2009 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by davep

I'd imagine that with reasonable artificial lighting and high ISO it should be possible to get some shots with a sharp sweet spot (anyone who has done it want to confirm?), but I'm also thinking that there's some interesting abstracts and "painting with light" type shots to be had too.

Not that I'd say no to a composer. If noting else I rather like the idea of doing some star trails with a Lensbaby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2009 06:14AM by davep.
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by ranfoto January 16, 2009 02:37AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Here's just one hand held Bendy to confirm the fun you can have by just looking for some night light !

Ooops sorry for the huge thumbnail, but I pasted in the large size image :))
Re: First outing with Lensbaby Muse posted by PhaY January 29, 2009 09:31PM reply | quote
posted by PhaY
Nice For Your First Time.
The Third Is Cool.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today