Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

More old cars and HDR

Newer Topic | Older Topic

More old cars and HDR posted by BearWoodsDavid January 11, 2009 10:14AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I took a trip to Guntersville, Alabama today to photograph Eagles. We saw a lot of Eagles but they didn't offer much in the way of images. We did stop in Boaz, Alabama though and found some old rusted vehicles that we did some HDR with Photomatix. It was bright and foggy so we still had some nice opportunities. I am really enjoying the old cars and HDR. Thanks for looking.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: More old cars and HDR posted by RichB January 11, 2009 11:12AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

I can see why you enjoy the old cars and HDR -- your images are stunning.

Rich
Re: More old cars and HDR posted by babuci January 11, 2009 01:19PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Another good lot of rust and popping colors. 2# is nice.

Tunde
Re: More old cars and HDR posted by igorsv January 11, 2009 09:29PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

You found a great place. A perfect subject for bending. These HDR images look natural. Well done.

Igor
Re: More old cars and HDR posted by MattW January 11, 2009 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

HDR really helps pull out the detail in the rusty textures. I like the way you manage to keep the colours natural, too.

Matthew
Re: More old cars and HDR posted by BearWoodsDavid January 11, 2009 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Rich, Tunde, Igor and Matthew for the kind comments. I really look at HDR as a way of enhancing the image to more accurately reflect what the eye can see. Now sometimes I still love the dramatic light on a landscape too though. Thanks again.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: More old cars and HDR posted by kmac January 12, 2009 09:13AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Really like the more muted colors of these HDR's - second is a great image.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today