Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by beyond_Life

Dragons Blood

view post

Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by MattW January 10, 2009 07:43PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

We try to get away at Christmas and this year chose to visit Norway with the Hurtigruten Coastal Voyage.

The trip is about 2500 miles from Bergen in the south to Kirkenes in the north, and takes 7 days. We were hoping to see the Northern Lights but unfortunately the weather prevented this.

Matthew

(If you like the LB shots of Norway, there will be some more conventional images including 360 degree panoramas on my Panoramio site - www.panoramio.com/user/1295)

"Did you ever visit Norway? ... Lovely crinkly edges.." - Slartibartfast to Arthur Dent, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by jad January 10, 2009 08:09PM reply | quote
posted by jad

beautiful images. I love #6 and #7. Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by MattW January 10, 2009 08:12PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Thanks Joye. Yes, the trip was fun - even considering the occasional rough crossing. I had to remind myself how to use manual settings - these were all done on my D100, rather than swapping lenses whilst at sea or in a snow storm! Now I know why there are histograms...

Matthew
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by RichB January 10, 2009 09:34PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Matthew,

Thanks for sharing this series on your Norway trip. You have captured the importance of the sea in Norway very well.

Rich
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by igorsv January 10, 2009 11:36PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Matthew,

Excellent set! You've captured the essence of that cold place, drama in the sky, and golden light. I'm sure your getaway was productive photography-wise.

Igor
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by imigra January 10, 2009 11:36PM reply | quote
posted by imigra
some very nice ones. my favorites are 6 and 10. i really like the way lensbaby turns things into miniatures.
j
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by BearWoodsDavid January 11, 2009 10:08AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nice series, the color saturation is wonderful.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by babuci January 11, 2009 01:27PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
You captured wonderful moments from your trip. #6 and #9 very fascinating, looks like a little models.

Tunde
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by MattW January 11, 2009 09:45PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Thanks all. Being so far north meant a bit of a struggle for light at times - the Oslo sunsets were taken around 2-3 pm.

(There were a couple of days when the sun didn't actually make it above the horizon so we had a sort of strange twilight for the few 'daylight' hours.)

That said, the warmth of the sunlight, and the low angles made for great lighting when it was available!

Matthew
Re: Fjord Prefect / Hunting the Lights posted by kmac January 12, 2009 09:16AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nice set - quality of light is really interesting.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today