Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

12 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

Leeds in HDR - Composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by ade_mcfade January 10, 2009 06:43PM reply | quote
posted by ade_mcfade
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and lensbabies in general. I got the Composer at Xmas and have been trying a few architecture things in the english city Leeds.

Here's a few - quite liking the effect

This is Harvey Nichols - 3 shots @ f2.8 to get the lights really blurred.

This is the river Aire as it approaches the city centre - again 3 shots blended in Photomatix and meddled with in Photoshop

This is the same sort of area as the shot above, but a little more abstract

I've got few more which I'll upload later
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by MattW January 10, 2009 07:16PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Nice HDR, I particularly like the colours in Harvey Nicks. Welcome to the forum and LB addiction.

Matthew
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by ade_mcfade January 10, 2009 07:32PM reply | quote
posted by ade_mcfade
cheers

I got the composer for Xmas and won a V2 on EBAY the same time, so liiving in a lurry wonderland at the mo :-)

I think HDR's useful for keeping skies cause I can't really see using ND grads on a lensbaby as a realistic proposition ;-)

not that the sky in Leeds today is anything other than "boring grey"!

ade
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by MattW January 10, 2009 07:34PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

You can try a 37mm screw-in ND grad - I bought one but find it a bit too fidly to use with the 3G.

Matthew
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by ade_mcfade January 10, 2009 07:45PM reply | quote
posted by ade_mcfade
I bet getting the horizon right could be a bit tricky!

Probably stifels the cretivity a little too - one more thing to think about when shooting etc.

:-)
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by babuci January 11, 2009 01:49PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
3rd realy nice and clear.

Tunde
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid January 11, 2009 08:21PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

ade,
Welcome and very wonderful images. I love the color saturation you are getting with the HDR and the detail.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by RichB January 11, 2009 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Ade,

Nice HDR work. Welcome to the forum!

Rich
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by ade_mcfade January 13, 2009 06:36PM reply | quote
posted by ade_mcfade
Cheers folks

I've been a HDR user (not fanatic though) for nearly 2 years, mainly doing architecture in Leeds, England.

Getting the composer has given it a differnt edge, I've just done a few HDR panos with the lensbaby, trying to keep the middle strip of the shot "sweet" - I'll upload another shot soon.

but it's great to have a forum where people "get" the lensbaby, as other sites I use people just think it's odd and don't see the creativity or thought involved... the "if it's not pin sharp from corner to corner, chuck it in the bin" brigade :-)

Any news on the ultra wide angle convertor yet?

Ade
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by paul morgan January 19, 2009 06:29AM reply | quote
posted by paul morgan

Good seeing you here Ade :)

There all good shoots, the B&W does it for me.

Got my eyes on a couple of filters myself at the mo.
Re: Leeds in HDR - Composer posted by osidat January 23, 2009 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by osidat

Thanks for sharing this, Ade. I loved the B&W one a lot. Pushed me back 8-9 years when I was visiting Leeds. I think the shot I am enclosing here was taken more or less in the same spot if I have recognized the location of your photo correctly. Although the buildings appear to have changed to a more modern structure ; ) The attached photo is certainly not with a Lensbaby, as the baby was not yet born then. Later on, I had converted the photo into a water color rendering.

Thanks again for sharing.
Omer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today