Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

Wintershots from across the street.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Wintershots from across the street. posted by ChrisG January 07, 2009 06:59PM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

Yesterday I got my Composer delivered. Today I took my first shots from nature across the street. It is winter as in the rest of Europa, cold and a lot of snow.

Single Optics f4

I am looking for some nice tutorials about how to start. On youtube I found some short films but it would be nice if there was a sort of quick start document. I also browse to a lot of photo's and a lot of them are great but it is a pity that not all the photo's are described with lens type, and aperture disk etc. For starters like me this is very helpful info.

Chris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 08:23PM by ChrisG.
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by BearWoodsDavid January 07, 2009 08:28PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome Chris, I like the series. I especially like the compositions in #3 and #4.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by RichB January 07, 2009 08:56PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Chris,

Welcome to the Lensbaby forum. You will soon LOVE your Composer. I like the leading line of the path in #5.

Rich
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by igorsv January 07, 2009 10:13PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

#4 came out very well.

Igor
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by ChrisG January 08, 2009 02:28AM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

Thanks for the comments :D

Chris
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by ChrisG January 08, 2009 04:37PM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

And the serie continues..

a macroshot from this morning.

Single Optic two macro lensen x 14 and f/16
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by jad January 08, 2009 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by jad

It's obvious that you are enjoying the composer. I love the treatment of #4. The sepia gives it and very relaxing feel.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by sixstring563 January 10, 2009 03:37AM reply | quote
posted by sixstring563

Great shots. I also liked your Skaters set. I am still learning with mine. I agree on the need for a 3rd party book and also wish everyone would post with ISO / Speed / Aperature Disc / Model / & Optic used
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by squarelea January 10, 2009 05:28AM reply | quote
posted by squarelea

wonderful series, particularly like #4 and #5.

regards,
Lea
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by CGphotography January 12, 2009 02:47AM reply | quote
posted by CGphotography

Welcome! From one Chris G to another - very cool shots. Love the one with the bridge. I think that #6 needs more of a well-defined subject to draw the viewer in more.
Re: Wintershots from across the street. posted by kmac January 12, 2009 09:12AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Welcome - really like the fourth and fifth images.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today