Latest Post

2 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

The Addiction Continues...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The Addiction Continues... posted by jad January 04, 2009 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Riding around on the North Carolina back roads. Had the Composer and thus the addiction continues.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by shurla5 January 04, 2009 08:55AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

I love the red berries and especially the stream shots.
Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by BearWoodsDavid January 04, 2009 09:16AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very well done Joye, you are obviously having a blast with the Lensbaby.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by jad January 04, 2009 09:26AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Thank you David and Shurla. It was a fun day. Who knows what photo opts tomorrow will bring.

enjoye!

joye

Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by jad January 07, 2009 09:36AM reply | quote
posted by jad

I was at work today and was avoiding the things I should be doing so I took pix. I won't get fired since I own the place. the gallery is in an old ice house that was built in 1917. There are several objects around that are worth a shoot-lots of door knobs. The road was on the way home in the rain.

enjoye!

joye

Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by RichB January 07, 2009 09:39AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Joye,

I see that you are thoroughly enjoying your Composer. Those stream shots are gorgeous!

Rich
Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by rannestad January 08, 2009 03:37PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Great series. The berries and the road are my favorites

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by BearWoodsDavid January 08, 2009 08:29PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very cool, I especially like the door to the ice house. The tones are really nice. I had a chance to check out your website, nice stuff. Raven's story is great. I have a rescue Golden. I used to go up to Grandfather Mountain when I worked with the Great American Photography Weekends. We used to do a weekend workshop there every October.
David

David Akoubian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 08:42PM by BearWoodsDavid.
Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by jad January 08, 2009 09:32PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate it. David are you familiar with Bill Fortney? He is from my home town and I saw him last year at Imaging USA in Tampa. It had been forever since I had seen him.

Those rescue dogs are something else. Right now my Border Collie runs from the Lensbaby. What's up with that?

Thanks again.

enjoye!

joye

Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by BearWoodsDavid January 09, 2009 09:10AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Joye,
Bill is a very good friend and has been a tremendous help to me in many ways. He and I logged a lot of miles in the van together. Several cross country trips. He is working with NPS now, he just released a new book not too long ago. Corbin is a neat town. I have another friend, Jeff Woodlee from Corbin here in Atlanta too.
David

David Akoubian

Re: The Addiction Continues... posted by jad January 10, 2009 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by jad

I knew Bill back when he was living in Harlan, KY. I remember going to his house and looking at pictures on a screen that rolled down from the ceiling. I was hooked.

My dad was a photographer in Harlan as well so we crossed paths occasionally. Bill is a good guy. I found a pic he shot the other day of my cheerleading group back in 1972. Now that is a classic! Cross country trips sounds great. Bet you got some great images then.

Have a good weekend.

enjoye!

joye

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today