Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture

Newer Topic | Older Topic

British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by bluegnu December 31, 2008 02:37AM reply | quote
posted by bluegnu

Hi everyone, new user here.

Just want to say what a great forum this is. I've spent hours pouring over the advice and photos on here. Very inspiring!

Here are some of the results of a lunchtime walk around the British Museum in London. They were taken with the Composer and single glass optic. I love the soft glow this gives especially on the white marble.

Wes.

edit: Treatments done in Lightroom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 02:39AM by bluegnu.
Re: British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by crfrey71 December 31, 2008 03:38AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

Very well done. Yes, museums are very nice place for the lensbaby, especially used with no aperture disk.
Re: British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by ljguitar December 31, 2008 04:26AM reply | quote
posted by ljguitar

bluegnu
...Here are some of the results of a lunchtime walk around the British Museum in London. They were taken with the Composer and single glass optic.

Hi Wes...
Wow, wish we had accessibility to a museum of that apparent quality. Are those life-sized sculptures? I tend to lose the sense of scale when I'm shooting with LensBabies.

L a r r y J
Re: British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by WilliamE January 01, 2009 11:09AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Wes,
Great series. I love this museum. I only wish I had my LB when I was there in 2007. Excellent available light, you could spend all day wandering around with the LB there. Makes me hungry for "real" fish and chips along with a good pint. Thanks for sharing.

Bill
Re: British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by BearWoodsDavid January 01, 2009 11:37AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome and very nice Wes. I can see from the first image you will get a head quickly in your bending.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by RichB January 01, 2009 11:46AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Wes,

Thanks for sharing these nice Composer images from the British Museum. Welcome to the forum -- look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rich
Re: British Museum - Greek/Roman sculpture posted by bluegnu January 04, 2009 10:17PM reply | quote
posted by bluegnu

Thank you for the comments and the warm welcome guys.

LarryJ: Yeah, I see what you mean about the scale of them in the pictures; the first head is only 4 - 5 inches high but the rest of the sculptures are life size if not slightly larger.

wes

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today