Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

Night time in Atlanta

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Night time in Atlanta posted by BearWoodsDavid December 30, 2008 11:36AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Here are a few images from Centennial Olympic Park I did tonight. The kids in the fountain are done with Photomatix HDR. All the others were shot from 26 stories up from the roof of a friends condo. Thanks for looking.
David

All images done with the Composer at f2.8 double glass.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2008 11:39AM by BearWoodsDavid.
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by RichB December 30, 2008 11:55AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Wow! You had some nice views from that 26th story building -- love the bokeh. Also, some great HDR work on the fountain shot.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Rich
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by BearWoodsDavid December 30, 2008 11:46PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Rich, it was a great view. I also did some real wide angle (boring normal glass) of the whole park in HDR which came out really nice. Happy New Year to you and your family. Tell Greg also. Here are a few more too.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by shurla5 December 31, 2008 12:48AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Happy New Year to you as well, I love your images of Centennial Park.
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by igorsv December 31, 2008 02:24AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

The night images are really eye catching.
Happy New Year to you too.

Igor
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by BearWoodsDavid December 31, 2008 04:09AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Shurla and Igor. I posted a bunch of the HDR stuff I did down there on my Facebook page and on my website if anyone wants to check them out. I am really looking forward to 2009 with all of the new toys out there. This Composer is such a great tool.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by ljguitar December 31, 2008 04:24AM reply | quote
posted by ljguitar

BearWoodsDavid
Here are a few images from Centennial Olympic Park I did tonight. The kids in the fountain are done with Photomatix HDR. All the others were shot from 26 stories up from the roof of a friends condo. Thanks for looking.
David

All images done with the Composer at f2.8 double glass.

Hi David...
I enjoy looking at your pics, and particularly like the ice rink ones. Thanks for taking time to post them. Were you hand-holding them? What ISO?

L a r r y J
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by BearWoodsDavid December 31, 2008 05:06AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the kind words. The ice rink photos and the fountain photo I was hand holding. I actually shot them at ISO 100. I was really surprised that they came out as clear as they did. The rink had pretty good lighting. The shots from the roof were done on a Gitzo tripod.
David

David Akoubian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 05:07AM by BearWoodsDavid.
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by photomunky December 31, 2008 12:58PM reply | quote
posted by photomunky

David, those are 4 fantastic images. Great subjects, composition, and bending. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by RichB December 31, 2008 01:32PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

I really like the images you added later as well, particularly the first one with the Christmas tree and the moon. Great shot!

Rich

PS I'll pass you greeting on to Greg. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 01:33PM by RichB.
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by prfrobbins December 31, 2008 07:57PM reply | quote
posted by prfrobbins

Loving these right now.

Mild Ramblings at [www.philipnotphil.com]
Biscuit Tin at [www.biscuit-tin.com]
Flickr Set [www.flickr.com]
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by jWebb December 31, 2008 09:08PM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

David, Very good and very interesting. The HDR is a great shot, but my favorite is #4. The eye is really pulled in to the buildings. Have a wonderful 2009.
Jack
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by BearWoodsDavid December 31, 2008 10:25PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Tyler, Philip, Jack and Rich. Hoping each of you a bendy New Year for 2009.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by kmac January 01, 2009 07:54AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Really nicely done series - love the first three night shots.
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by thebarefootphotographer January 01, 2009 08:33AM reply | quote
Very nice! I love the city at night.

Donna
www.thebarefootphotographer.com
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by AJHopp January 01, 2009 10:07AM reply | quote
posted by AJHopp

All of these are wonderful, David! I especially love the fountain shot - so surreal!
Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by BearWoodsDavid January 01, 2009 11:33AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks kmac, Donna and AJ for looking and commenting. Happy New Year.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Night time in Atlanta posted by imigra January 01, 2009 07:57PM reply | quote
posted by imigra
i really love the way large things like buildings seem almost miniature like. the pictures become real and unreal at the same time. great :-)
j

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today