Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by INITECH_prez December 21, 2008 11:05AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

Hey! So my accessory kit arrived the other day... and I am even more obsessed with my LB. I took some photo's and worked on my editing. I'd love some feedback +/-

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by chefdave December 21, 2008 11:07AM reply | quote
posted by chefdave

I'm liking the 3rd one.

My Website
My Other Website
My Zenfolio Site
My FaceBook Fan Page

Canon 1DMk3, (2x) 1DMk2n & 1D Classic
Canon 300 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L, 85 f/1.8, 50 f/1.4, 28 f/1.8 & 1.4 teleconverter
Sigma 15mm f/2.8, 28-70 f/2.8, 17-35 f/2.8-4
Canon 580EXII & 270EX Speedlites
LensBaby 2.0 and Composer
Alien Bee Lighting
A bunch of Pocket Wizards
Bogen/Manfrotto clamps, arm, tripods ect.
Think Tank Airport Security V2
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by thebarefootphotographer December 21, 2008 10:17PM reply | quote
Interesting compositions -- I, too, like #3 the best.

One thing that can make a big difference is to tweak contrast, highlights, and shadows. I am not sure about your version of Elements -- on mine (6) I will go to Enhance>Adjust Lighting>Shadows/Highlights and play with the sliders until it looks good to me.

When you do b&w you need to see that you have some black and some white in the photo -- not just a bunch of grays. The tonal range really makes a b&w image wonderful. Be aware that where the "white" is in the photo is where you eye will go first and be drawn to -- make sure the highlight does not detract from the subject.

Because I love b&w so much -- that was why I bought Silver Efex from Nik. It has a feature that shows you the tones in your photo from 0 through 10 (black through bright white) and all in between.

Donna
www.thebarefootphotographer.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 10:19PM by thebarefootphotographer.
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by ERIKAB4 December 21, 2008 11:00PM reply | quote
posted by ERIKAB4

Great macro shots ...the first pic doesn't do muh for me, but the other 3 sing!
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by BearWoodsDavid December 22, 2008 04:30AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I like them, but I think I agree with the others. The first is not contrasty enough for my taste. It is nice as an old finished photo but needs some texture maybe to finish it.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by INITECH_prez December 22, 2008 05:30AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

Im at work and only have Microsoft Office Picture Manager, but I played with the contrast and stuff. I already like the photo more. Still need to just play with things I think.

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by shurla5 December 22, 2008 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

very cool set of photos, I like the remake of the first image better as well.
Re: Accessory kit has arrived! -worked on my editing posted by babuci January 11, 2009 01:56PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Almost dangerous...#3 a winner.

Tunde

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today