Latest Post

2 hours ago by noblenewf

Re: Macro

view post

Looking for input

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Looking for input posted by Natek December 14, 2008 09:45AM reply | quote
posted by Natek
This is one of the first images that I took with the composer that I really like. But since I just got it a month ago I am still learing a lot about it so I am looking for some feedback from other users.

P.S. Im new here so give me some time to figure it all out.
Re: Looking for input posted by Dharmatrekker December 14, 2008 09:58AM reply | quote
posted by Dharmatrekker

Nice work. Welcome to the world of LB. Keep on bending!

Emm

[marthabusse.com]
Re: Looking for input posted by RichB December 14, 2008 10:00AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Nicely bent for one of your first images. Keep in goin'!

Rich
Re: Looking for input posted by Craig (Admin) December 14, 2008 10:03AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Seems like you have the techincal aspects of tilt and focus down. This image looks like it might be backfocused slightly, it does not detract from the image. You can tell a Lensbaby image that is backfocused by a ring or partial ring of sharp focus (that I see on the right of this image) rather than a spot of focus.

Composition on this image is nice. I would like to see the human figure that is at the top either not in the image or in a more prominent location in the image. Seeing just a portion of him/her ends up being a bit distracting.

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing more.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Looking for input posted by BearWoodsDavid December 14, 2008 10:07AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome, have fun with the new Composer. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Looking for input posted by Natek December 14, 2008 10:30AM reply | quote
posted by Natek
Thanks everyone.
And in response to Craig, I took another picture a few second prior to this one but it didnt turn out. But in that one the person was actually in the middle of the stairs. Also how can I tell if its backfocused when I am taking the picture? Even after you mention it Im haveing a little bit of a hard time seeing what your talking about. Maybe Ill just have to meet up with AJ and have him teach me a little :P
Re: Looking for input posted by Keithnc December 14, 2008 10:28PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Welcome and a nice attempt at bending. I agree that the picture would have been a little better without the person at the top. Great start!
Re: Looking for input posted by ranfoto December 15, 2008 03:01AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Na ......if you can get together with AJ you're in good hands, just be careful that he doesn't get you too close to a moose ....hee !

AJ is a bit loose when it comes to getting up close and personal with wild animal Bending :))
Re: Looking for input posted by Craig (Admin) December 27, 2008 01:57PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Natek,

It is tough to see backfocusing through the viewfinder. The best thing to do is practice focusing with zero tilt and always be looking for the center of your image to be the sharpest. Then, when you do tilt, getting the middle of the sweet spot the sharpest possible will be easier because you got used to doing so when you knew for sure where the middle of the sweet spot was when the Composer was not tilted.

Wish I could hang out with AJ over a Lensbaby. Maybe someday.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Looking for input posted by Ecce Signum December 28, 2008 05:57AM reply | quote
posted by Ecce Signum

Nice shot Natek, I agree with the subject being more in view or not there at all and also think it would work better in B&W.

As for the back focussing I have big issues focussing properly as my eyes are not what they used to be - mind you, I do get some weird and wonderful results from my bad eyes ;)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today