Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

Huntington Library Gardens - Redux

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by DarkSlide December 13, 2008 01:44AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Visited the Huntington Library Gardens in San Marino (near Pasadena) Ca. with ScottM and one other photographer (not registered here on Lensbaby). Even in the fall / winter, these gardens are amazing.

Canon 40D
LB 3G
NikSoftware Silver Efex Pro
PS CS3 "Vintage Action"

1) Rose garden columns
2) Japanese garden bridge
3) Japanese garden benches
4) Lilly pond
5) Cactus garden

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 01:45AM by DarkSlide.
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by igorsv December 13, 2008 03:52AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

I like the consistent presentation.

Igor.
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by RichB December 13, 2008 05:31AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

The graininess seems to work nicely with this series.

Rich
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by BearWoodsDavid December 13, 2008 10:09AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nice processing, love the grain.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by MattW December 13, 2008 05:50PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Nice series, I also like the treatment and particularly the geometrical nature of #3.

Matthew

8<--------------------------------

My Photos in Google Earth: [www.panoramio.com]

Full size images at [www.redbubble.com]
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by ranfoto December 14, 2008 03:07AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Looks like there was a mini Bendfest happening at the Huntington .....you certainly captured the details .

It's a lot of fun to have other Benders to share the experience with, even if you all just do your own thing at the same time !
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by benee December 14, 2008 03:54AM reply | quote
posted by benee
Nice PP work here. I especially like the bridge shot and the benches as - both are very well composed.
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by DarkSlide December 14, 2008 05:26AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

ranfoto
Looks like there was a mini Bendfest happening..!

LOL!!! I like that, "Bendfest"! :-)
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by mark4flies December 14, 2008 05:40AM reply | quote
posted by mark4flies
I want the third and fourth picture hanging on my wall. Excellent in every respect!
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by Keithnc December 14, 2008 10:30PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Nice set of pixs, I liked the grainy look in them.
Re: Huntington Library Gardens - Redux posted by ranfoto December 15, 2008 02:51AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

A Bendfest is where two or more Bender Friends invite others to meet up and do some Bending together.

We, Jose, Lar, and Ran held the first National Bendfest in Chico California several years back .......it was open to all, but threes a crowd so we all had a blast together !

After the get together you share the Bending here on the LB Forum ......the images reveal why Benders are so Bent :))

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today