Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: rims

view post

another first timer..

Newer Topic | Older Topic

another first timer.. posted by shlomographer December 12, 2008 06:30AM reply | quote
posted by shlomographer

hello everybody my lensbaby compsoser arrived today and i took it out for a short walk in the park [in a cold, grey london - which kinda added to the atmosphere] before parking it in front of the christmas tree..

im obviously a complete beginner so i would appreciate any criticism or hints on using the lensbaby but i know itll come down to practice :) . ive thouroughly enjoyed broswing thru some of ur work and hope to make some more contributions of my own. cheers!
Re: another first timer.. posted by shlomographer December 12, 2008 06:36AM reply | quote
posted by shlomographer

sorry im replying to my own post! just thought id add a couple more pics :)
Re: another first timer.. posted by shurla5 December 12, 2008 06:52AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Welcome, you have a great first set of lensbaby photos!!
I love your 6th photo.
I am sure you will enjoy hanging around and posting photos, this is a very friendly forum.
Re: another first timer.. posted by ScottM December 12, 2008 07:11AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Welcome to the world of the lensbaby. Thats a very good start and look forward to seeing more.
Scott
Re: another first timer.. posted by BearWoodsDavid December 12, 2008 09:21AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome, it appears you have the bending principles down. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: another first timer.. posted by RichB December 12, 2008 10:21AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Paul,

You're doing quite well for a first time Lensbabyer. Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. (Love your self-portrait #6.)

Rich
Re: another first timer.. posted by Juno519 December 13, 2008 07:58AM reply | quote
posted by Juno519
I'm new here,and plan on purchasing the Muse for my Canon XS.
I want to get the optics kit as well,my question is are the optics in the Muse removable,or am I stuck with the one that comes with it.I'm huge Holga fan,so I know I want the plastic optic,but I really love the results of the other optics,and
really want the experience of using all 4.
The macro and the creative aperture kits are must-haves as well.
Or am going to need the Composer to get the full experience
Re: another first timer.. posted by Dharmatrekker December 13, 2008 08:03AM reply | quote
posted by Dharmatrekker

The Muse (like the Composer) has interchangeable optics. So you can change the lens optics as your mood or subject dictate. Enjoy!

Emm

[marthabusse.com]
Re: another first timer.. posted by ranfoto December 14, 2008 03:23AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Shlom O grapher ..... interesting twist of the vernacular....welcome to Bendyland Paul .
Re: another first timer.. posted by Keithnc December 14, 2008 10:25PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Welcome and it looks like you are on your way. I liked the second one of your first set of pictures. I also like the last one but you kind of loose the Lb effect with the white space (cloudy sky). I liked your second set especially the last one.
Re: another first timer.. posted by f11Frame December 15, 2008 05:45AM reply | quote
posted by f11Frame
i love the ornament picture. it would make a great x-mas card

Flickr
Re: another first timer.. posted by shlomographer December 15, 2008 08:48AM reply | quote
posted by shlomographer

well my camera has come to work with me every day and ive had a great time with the composer so far...thanks so much shurla, scott, david, ran, keith and f11frame for the comments and advice. im just waiting for a day off now so i can play some more!!

thanks again

paul

ps. enclosed are a couple more shots..another self portrait im afraid - i hope you can all believe that im not THAT vain but the opprtunity came up when waiting for the train..i guess thats what its all about aye?! oh and the snowman isnt the self portrait..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 08:50AM by shlomographer.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today