Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

3 Bridges with ZP/PH

Newer Topic | Older Topic

3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by Jack Howard December 08, 2008 08:48AM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

I was wandering around the Bridges area (Latitude: 40.50925578 Longitude: -74.72741604)(see the 3 bridges?) of Neshanic/Branchburg today working on HDR shots for a feature for PC Photo Magazine and couldn't resist experimenting with the ZP/PH optic...

The first shot is a single shot with the zone plate, the 2nd is an merger with the Pinhole and #3 is single-shot with the pinhole :)

Yeah, I'm happy to have free time in daylight!

~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Check out my new book! (2nd Edition now Available!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 08:49AM by Jack Howard.
Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by ScottM December 08, 2008 09:45AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

these are all great, #2 is my favorite.
Scott
Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by RichB December 08, 2008 10:07AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jack,

Nice series. #1 is my favorite, though I do like them all.

Rich
Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by Mike Bokeh December 08, 2008 10:33AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Three nice images, Jack. I also like #2 best, as it looks like it could be an illustration from a book that's over 100 years old.

I was never interested in the zone plate or pinhole optics until I saw these images.

Thanks for posting them.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.
Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by kmac December 08, 2008 08:20PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Great set - the second is especially interesting.
Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by Jack Howard December 09, 2008 12:21PM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

Thanks folks. I had a lot of fun with this set...

The pinhole is just so cool, and combining the dreamy feel of the pinhole with the intensity possible with HDR seems to be a winning combo so far!

~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by sam December 09, 2008 01:47PM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi Jack,

The first and the third are very interesting. I like the compositions and how the effect works with the lines of the bridges.

Thanks for posting them.

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by Jack Howard December 09, 2008 10:45PM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

Thanks Sam...it's pretty much par for the course that whatever/wherever I'm shooting these days a good bit of time is spent with some Lensbaby combo.

~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Re: 3 Bridges with ZP/PH posted by AJ December 11, 2008 12:56PM reply | quote
posted by AJ

These are really nice, Jack. The first is a great example of what you are talking about, combining the pinhole and HDR.
It really does add to the dreamy feel.
I was excited when the 3G came out because Lensbabied HDR images was a more viable idea. Now with the Composer and all the cool new lenses, the possibilities are even greater.
Thanks for sharing.

Peace and Happiness
AJ

[www.flickr.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today