Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by RichB

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Having hard time with 3G

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Having hard time with 3G posted by gimme09 December 01, 2008 04:39PM reply | quote
posted by gimme09

Dear all,

I think this is my 3rd time to post my works here. I still have hard time to focus the view with 3G lens.

Please take a look and give me suggestion what I shall do.

Best,
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by Keithnc December 01, 2008 10:07PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Try these youtube videos. I found the one with Craig very helpful. It use to be on the old website as a how to.

Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by RichB December 01, 2008 10:50PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

I like your compositions. With practice, you will get the focusing down.

Rich
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by ScottM December 02, 2008 12:48AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Practice , practice and more practice. The videos mentioned above should help. Before bending center the focus knob. After bending adjust the focus. Start by not bending too much. The posts are for fine adjusting your bending but I found it helped my focus a bit also by moving my sweet spot to my desired location. Dont give up, it will come.
Scott
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by Odd Thomas December 02, 2008 12:19PM reply | quote
posted by Odd Thomas

It comes with time and practice, (both of which are fun in and of themselves). Just takes some work, and before you know it you'll be bending everything around you, to your hearts content.
Good start, just keep at it!

Odd Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 12:20PM by Odd Thomas.
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by gimme09 December 02, 2008 03:43PM reply | quote
posted by gimme09

Thank you very much for all recommendation.
I will keep practicing :)
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by BearWoodsDavid December 02, 2008 08:49PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Remind me again which camera you are using? Sometimes it is easiest to learn by not bending but shooting with the lens straight and just adjusting the focusing ring until it is sharp in your viewfinder. If it is sharp in your viewfinder and when you view it on the computer it is not, check your diopter adjustment on the camera. It may be easier to adjust the diopter with a regular lens and then put the LB back on.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by gimme09 December 07, 2008 02:41PM reply | quote
posted by gimme09

I used canon 450D. As you said, I got a problem when I import picture to my computer. It's not sharp as I see in viewfinder. Please give me an advice. Thank you.
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by BearWoodsDavid December 07, 2008 06:20PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

If it is sharp in the viewfinder when you shoot it, you may check your diopter on your camera. Before you do that check to see if the image is sharp on the LCD on the camera after you take the photo.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by gimme09 December 08, 2008 01:20PM reply | quote
posted by gimme09

thank you
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by Mike Bokeh December 09, 2008 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

If you haven't done so yet, I would recommend using a tripod.

Lensbabies and tripods were made for each other, especially the 3G.

Stick with it. You'll be glad you did.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by artsydots December 10, 2008 01:59AM reply | quote
posted by artsydots
Keithnc
Try these youtube videos. I found the one with Craig very helpful. It use to be on the old website as a how to.

Thanks for posting these. They helped me out quite a bit. Not sure why I couldn't find them on the site so I am really appreciative.

Beth
Re: Having hard time with 3G posted by gimme09 December 10, 2008 02:18PM reply | quote
posted by gimme09

Thank you mike. I will for sure.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today