Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Callaway Gardens in Georgia

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by BearWoodsDavid November 23, 2008 09:30AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I had a day off so I called a fellow Lensbaby user and we took a trip down to Callaway Gardens south of Atlanta. The butterfly house was still a little too cool for the critters to fly about, and the Amaryllis had not opened up yet but it was still a lot of fun. The butterflies are done with a D200, Composer, double glass, extension tube, 1.6x teleconverter, SB600 flash and a few were done with the +4 diopter too. The rest were with the Composer, double glass, teleconverter and polarizer. Thanks for looking.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by RichB November 23, 2008 12:22PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Very nice series, with lots of great color. i especially like #1 and #2, and the abstract nature of #7.

Rich
Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by photorob November 23, 2008 03:09PM reply | quote
posted by photorob
David, my favorites are #5 and #8. Rob.
Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by Kath November 23, 2008 06:57PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

I love the simplicity of #8 and 9, beautiful!

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by BearWoodsDavid November 24, 2008 05:27AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks for looking and commenting. It was my first go with the LBs and butterflies.

David Akoubian

Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by kmac November 24, 2008 10:01AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Also really like the simplicity of the 8th and 9th images - and the colors in the third.
Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by igorsv November 24, 2008 08:44PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Very good series. I like #7 a lot.

Igor.
Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by BearWoodsDavid November 24, 2008 10:14PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Kmac and Igor. #7 was a lot of fun, it was a waterfall in front of a large window that you walk behind. I did several compositions but this was what I liked best. I am adding the Century plant in BW, I thought it would look good as a contrasty BW. Agree/disagree? Thanks again for looking.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Callaway Gardens in Georgia posted by Keithnc November 24, 2008 10:50PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Nice set of pictures. i liked them all, it gives the butterflies a different look.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today