Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Milani

The bee

view post

A few images to start... (LB2.0 and 2 with Composer)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A few images to start... (LB2.0 and 2 with Composer) posted by Odd Thomas November 16, 2008 11:35AM reply | quote
posted by Odd Thomas

Been using a LB 2.0 with my Canon 20d's for 2+ years now, and was hooked from the start - not the easiest lens to work with, but more than worth it, (I love being paid to have fun).

So, a few older images, and 2 new ones, (Milady and Self Port) to start with.
Re: A few images to start... (LB2.0 and 2 with Composer) posted by RichB November 16, 2008 09:06PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thomas,

Nice variety in this series. My favorite is the one of the cat -- great lighting and nice composition.

Rich
Re: A few images to start... (LB2.0 and 2 with Composer) posted by Keithnc November 16, 2008 11:48PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great set of shots with your LB2.0. I like the cat shot and the old typwriter.
Re: A few images to start... (LB2.0 and 2 with Composer) posted by Odd Thomas November 17, 2008 05:44AM reply | quote
posted by Odd Thomas

Thank you both for the input; Frank the cat is a favourite with everyone who's seen the image. Funny how that shot was due to a totally unplanned occurrence - I was switching out some objects in my light tent, and he hopped up right in the middle of it between takes. He appeared ready for his close-up, and who was I to refuse such a command performance ?
He was a rather spry and photogenic little guy, esp. considering his age at the time, (17).

Forgot to mention I just upgraded to the Composer, as well the optic swap kit - the self port was taken with the dual glass, and Milady with the zone plate/pinhole optic, (which is a blast to use!)The Composer is such a great lens, and the additional optics have opened a whole Pandora's box of creativity - my hats off to the people at LB for this latest in a great series.
Hard to believe I almost had to refuse delivery due to financial issues, (some idiot took off with one of my lens bags, $8000 that insurance won't cover for 30 days). Needless to say, I'm extremely glad I was able to find a few spare pennies for this expenditure- it was well worth it.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today