Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Pushing the ISO ...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Pushing the ISO ... posted by Rob with camera November 08, 2008 08:15PM reply | quote
posted by Rob with camera

Hello

Here in Melbourne Australia, we have a fairly active group of people who are on www.flickr.com. We meet regularly once a month chat about cameras, photography and unrelated stuff over a few drinks.

A few of our crowd have lensbabies, but they don't come out anywhere near often enough ... so now that I've dragged mine out again, hopefully we get a bit more baby action.

Oh, and I tried pushing Tri-X400 to ISO6400 ... I was happy with the result.

Cheers!

Canon EOS 3 | Lensbaby 2.0 | f8 | Kodak Tri-X400 @ ISO6400 |

Rob

"It comes in pints?... I'm getting one!"

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by igorsv November 08, 2008 09:30PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Classic BW. Very well done.

Igor.
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by rannestad November 08, 2008 10:05PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Great set. Pushing to ISO 6400 works very fine. I am surprised there are not more grains. Good luck with the group.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by Rob with camera November 09, 2008 10:23AM reply | quote

Thanks guys.

Rannestad ... I've been experimenting with pushing Tri-X400 while still controlling the grain by increasing the temperature thereby reducing the development time. This was the first time I pushed to ISO6400 (4 stops!) and was surprised at the smoothness ... I think the grain here is similar to the noise level of my Canon 20D at ISO1600.

Cheers

Rob

Rob

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by oliver tudoras November 09, 2008 06:08PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

fantastic work Rob

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by pro bono November 09, 2008 06:57PM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

Ah! If you're from Melbourne and you do this stuff you must know Velco? Maybe Nick H, too?

I like your stuff. It has that character that's forever beyond the reach of digital. Like a valve amplifier, but for photographs.
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by Rob with camera November 09, 2008 09:04PM reply | quote

Paulo ... well, yes I know Velco and consider him a friend. When you say Nick H, do you mean Nick Hinch? His photos rock.

I fondly remember both of these guys asking for my advice on things like film photography and grain and processing and blah blah blah ... and then a year later totally eclipsing any image i have taken ...

Cheers mate.

Rob

[www.flickr.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by Keithnc November 09, 2008 10:25PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great set of photos, thanks for sharing.
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by mitchabell November 09, 2008 10:33PM reply | quote
posted by mitchabell

Nicely done. I like the feel and texture of the grain in these bw images. Its amazing what you can do with Digital. Nice work!
Re: Pushing the ISO ... posted by ranfoto November 10, 2008 02:36AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Ah back to the old school basics......RobaRt !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today