Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

24 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by rannestad November 08, 2008 06:08AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I received the Composer and the optic swap system yesterday. What an experience. Up till now I have only had the 3G and 2.0, meaning double glass optics. I have also played with homemade pinholes, but the single glass, plastic and zoneplate is totally new to me.

The composer is a totally new experience compared to the squeezing of the old ones. It seems to be a bit slower, but more precise than the 2.0. Will be interesting to see which I will have on the camera the most.

But, the Composer is promising for studio work. Here is my first attempt in the studio. Model: Me

No1: Double glass
No2: Single glass
No3: Plastic
No4: Pinhole
No5: Zoneplate

Thank you LB team!!

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2008 02:30AM by rannestad.
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by RichB November 08, 2008 06:49AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bjorn,

Looks like you are going to have a great time with the new optics! Thanks for sharing your visions of you.

Rich
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by ranfoto November 08, 2008 09:26AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

These egoBenders are so good, Ha !

Bjorn you look good in plastic especially that Pink headgear and Mr.Kewl shades ......have you thought of doing a egoMovie on "U"-Tube ?

I'm thinking the title should be "Bendy "B" Man" plus use the Lensbaby muse-zack for tunes :))

It might launch you into a whole new line of work !
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by rannestad November 08, 2008 04:43PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thanks Rich and Ran.

The Bendy "B" Man is such a great title, he he. Love it. Now I will have to find out how I can make movie with this. Maybe I'll have to get the Canon 5D MkII which has movie mode:)

Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by oliver tudoras November 08, 2008 05:52PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

great work !!!love this set....

thanks 4 sharing

ollie
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by igorsv November 08, 2008 09:35PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Really excellent set, changing the optics along with the light and model setup was a clever idea. It does not look like it was a boring test but a fun shooting. The last image is a Mystery man capture.

Igor.
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by rannestad November 08, 2008 09:52PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thanks Ollie and Igor. It definitely was fun to do, and it was even more fun to figure out how I could make a theme. You have noticed the color change too? Off course it is not changed randomly...

Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by Craig (Admin) November 10, 2008 04:31AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Mystery Man is a perfect Zone Plate image! Love it.

Thanks for putting this together for us to see. I think you have nailed the qualities of each in these fun images.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by rannestad November 10, 2008 05:01AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

The zone plate image had to be mysterious, so I created the Mysterious Bendy B man:)

Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by Craig (Admin) November 10, 2008 08:13AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Anyone notice the color scheme and how they relate to the optics being used?

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by jbrunjes November 10, 2008 08:26AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

These are great! Can't wait to get my Composer.
Joby
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by Ol' Don November 10, 2008 11:43PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Good pictures.

Could you also tell us what Aperture you were using?

Particularly on numbers 2 and 3? Thanks.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Self Portraits - a Tribute to the Lensbaby Optic Swap System posted by rannestad November 11, 2008 05:35AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I will love to share the aperture settings. f5.6 for all but the zone plate and pinhole, which are f19 and f177 as far as I remember...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today